Chapter 15

Addison's thoughts:

I genuinely hate myself for this, a really nice guy had just poured his heart out to me, yet, I still seek another's affection. 

" The heart seeks what it can't have." I've read that in one of my books, but I can't seem to remember which one.

At first, I didn't get it, but now I understand.

George is great, maybe if Nick wasn't around something would have sparked, but that's not the case. Besides I couldn't be with him and think about someone else, that just wouldn't be fair.

I am sick and tired of trying, why wouldn't the universe just hand me what I wanted on a silver plate? Why does life have to be so complicated and why does the world have to be so cruel. 

With Nick, with every step we go back ten. I can never understand what's on his mind or what he's thinking. Not like I'm being any help either, I admit it.

Honestly, Nick frustrates me sometimes, it's like I want to yell at him from the tips of my lungs  and tell him how much this is shattering me internally.

____________________________________

It was now time for lunch, me Monica and Jackson were heading up to the restaurant on the roof so I could third wheel one of their dates, because they felt bad about leaving me all alone.

-" Jackson, where's Nick? " the words escape my tongue.

-" He had a hard night, he told me it was best if he didn't come, he's not in the mood." Jackson explains.

Not in the mood?! Or did he just not want to see me. This is the confusion that I was talking about.

All three of us sit down and place our orders. 

Monica and Jackson were all over each other and I was dying of cringeness. So I get up to the bath room to check my calls and emails because sitting on that table was torture.

(3) missed calls from mom.

What could she possibly want?

I call her.

-" Hey sweetie, seems like someone is having fun and not picking up their phone."

-" Yes, I mean no, I'm just grabbing lunch with Jackson and Mon." 

-" Oh so nothing's changed." she whispers.

-" Well I like things the way they are, now why did you call me?"

-" This is going to be hard to explain, your father and I were hoping to tell you this in person when you came back from the ski trip, but because of the snow I'm affraied I need to tell you this over the phone."

-" What's wrong, is everyone okay?"

-" Yes everyone's alright, but your father and I are coming to pick you up tonight, the snow has cleared up and we have to catch our flight." 

-" What do you mean our flight? Because if you and dad are going somewhere I can just stay over at Monica's."

-" That's the thing honey, you're coming with us-" I cut her off.

-"But school isn't over yet we can't go on a vacation." 

-" Addison, sweetheart, we're moving."

My heart escapes my body and words are unable to come out of my mouth. We're moving?

-" Moving? Moving where? Across town or something?" I babble.

-" We're leaving for Italy first thing in the morning tomorrow, your dad and I found an amazing job there and-" I cut the line.