Chapter 12

The morning after Monica and Jackson's fight...

Back to Addison's pov:

LOVE?

Me? In love with Nick? No way!

Okay but like where the hell is Monica! I need to talk to her about this, ever since she went to "talk" to Jackson yesterday, she never came back. And now that I think about it I think I know why.

This was the 6th day of the ski trip, it was almost coming to an end, maybe when it will I'll never have to see him ever again. I hope that's the case, because I'm going mad at this point. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door.

-" Oh Monica, thank god you wouldn't believe what just happened-" I begin walking to the door my eyes buried to the ground.

-" What just happened?" 

-" Ahh!" I let out a scream, it was Nick.

-" Are you okay Adi?" he asks placing his hand on my shoulder.

-" Yeah-, no- I mean yes, yes! I'm better than ever." I reply faking a smile.

-"Can I come in?"  My eyes are glued to his lips, they're stuck, I physically cannot move them, he is so amazing, so perfect, was that a new perfume? Addison! Snap out of it!

-" No, no, you can't sorry." I mumbled. Why! Why did I say that? Now I need to come up with a good lie, great.

-"Why though?" he was confused.

-" Well Monica- yes Monica." my voice gets high then I lower it and whisper:" She's really shaken up and she needs all my attention."

-" But Monica came over last night, she was still there this morning too, and by the sound of it her and Jackson are doing just fine." he let's out a light laugh.

-" Well in that case, there's no reason why you can't come in." 

-" Okay well I'm not going to take much of your time, I went down to the local library today, cause I wanted to get you something nice, and I found this autographed copy of "Shatter me". I asked Monica to snoop through your list, but she said she didn't need to because you've been looking for this one for so long." he blushes and hands it to me.

-" Oh my god, Nicholas, this is everything I wanted, I love-" oops, I was this close to saying it. "Thank you." I said, let out a sigh and wrapped my arms around him.

As his scent reached my nostrils butterflies catch fire in my stomach, I didn't want to let go, I wanted that hug to last forever.

But nothing lasts forever...

-" I'm glad you liked it, I was really worried you wouldn't." he said scratching the back of his neck.

-" How could I have not, seriously, I love it." I said sincerely, holding the book against my chest.

-" Well then, you were busy, I'm not going to keep you, we'll talk later then, glad I made a friend happy." he came close and kissed my cheek.

A friend, that's all I was too him, god okay. Just let him go, I said to myself.

-" You know what, stay. We could catch a movie or something." geez I can be really dumb sometimes.

-" Or, you could get me into reading, and start reading that book to me?" I was in shock, no one had ever asked me that.

-" You want me to read to you?" I wasn't sure I heard that right.

-" Yeah, if you don't mind of course." 

I grabbed the book and sat on the couch, he sat beside me, came closer, wrapped his arm around my shoulder and stared at the book. I began to read, I started out a little shy but then as I got used to the scenario I started making up voices for each of the characters, that was when Nick and I loosened and started cracking up, the story is very tragic, don't get me wrong, but somehow we made it fun.

We made it through 1/4 of the book and it was time for lunch. We ordered some tacos and ate together.

-" How was your first reading experience, Nicholas?" I asked with a mouthful of sauce and chicken.

Nick swallowed his piece and responded:" I think, I might do it more often."

________________________________

This time we sat by the window, determent to at least finish half today. We were more comfortable with each other, I laid my head against his chest as he wrapped his arm around me.

A little deeper into the book.

-" What no, there's no way!" Nick gets up angry about one of the plot twists.

I laugh:" Hey, come on it's okay, sit down." I try to comfort him.

-" Okay but read faster now, this is so stressful." he's deeply invested.

-" Wow, Nicholas, you're even more invested than I am." I giggle.

___________________________________

Hours later, I'm not reading anymore, my eyes are closed, I feel some type of warmth wrapping me, I fix my posture. There's a weight on my head, and two arms around my waste, I'm too tired to open my eyes and inspect, I leave it be...

-"Addison! Addison!" still I'm too tired to open my eyes. I hear a keycard being buzzed into the room.

-" Addis-" it was Monica's voice, she sounded shocked.

I open my eyes and find that the weight on my head and the hands wrapped around my waste were Nick's. I immediately get up, now he's awake too. We both realize.

-" Oh- um- sorry I- probably um- slept." he mumbles.

-" Oh yeah uh- me too." WHAT! I was so embarrassed.

-" I'm so sorry-" he continues.

-" No, no honest mistake it happens, Monica you were saying..." I turn around and face Monica.

Her face expressions weren't changing and she couldn't get a word out, she kept staring at me and Nick in terrible disbelief.

-" Monica, Monica!" I clap my hands twice to snap her out of it.

-" Oh yeah, yeah what?" she forgets what she was about to say.

-" You were saying something..." I help her remember.

-" Oh yeah right, Jackson and I just ran into one of the teachers, there has been a big storm and we're apparently snowed in, we're not leaving tomorrow." Monica finally speaks.

Shit...