18

Roni spent days flipping through the job ads in the paper, struggling to find work. She looked at everything, finally getting an interview for another maid position at a new hotel. "Leigh let's go!" She shouts to get her daughter to move faster. "Now remember your dad is picking you up from school because I have an interview. Ok?"

"Ok." She holds her mum's hand as they cross the road to the bus stop.

Once she dropped Leigh at school, Roni took a small bus ride to another hotel. Her interview was quick, and by the end she had a new job.

"Hey, how was the interview?" Danny asked when Roni arrived at his apartment to pick up Leigh.

"Good. I got the job." It was just another maid job, but it was something, and in time she could work her way up.

“That’s great! I just finished making pasta, stay for dinner to celebrate?” Danny offers. For some reason Roni was finding it hard to say no. 

"Why not." She stepped into her ex's apartment. Leigh was on the couch reading a book. 

"Hi mummy!" 

"Hi baby. How was school today?" Danny had disappeared to grab the food from the kitchen. 

"Alright. Some kids were picking on me for liking one direction. And when I told them you know Harry they laughed more." 

"Don't let them get to you ok? Don't let them take away something that makes you happy."

"But you left Harry. Didn't he make you happy?"

"Yea, sweetie he did. But he's very upset with me."

"When will he not be upset?"

"I'm not sure. Not for a long time." She knew it must be hard to meet your idol and then suddenly have him taken away. Roni kissed her daughters forehead as Danny came back into the room. 

"Food is ready." They follow him into the dining room area. 

/////////////////////////

"Harry let's go! We've got to get to the airport or we'll miss the flight!" Paul pounded on the boys hotel door. Harry was usually great at being on time, but today he had no motivation. He was heartbroken at what happened with Roni. Reluctantly he slung his duffle over his shouders and walked into the hallway. In the lift ride to the lobby his pulled his hair back into a bun and slid a pair of dark ray bans over his eyes to hide their apparent puffyness. He was glad they were leaving this hotel. He couldn't stand another minute in that room where they laughed and loved. Harry climed into the back of the black SUV, next to Zayn.

"You ok mate?" Harry nodded to his friend unconvincingly. "So she lied. She was still more down to earth and real than most of girls you've dated." 

"She lied about everything. She probably used her kid to get near me." 

"Do you really believe that? When I saw you two at the party together I could tell it was 100% real." Harry didn't respond, only turning his attention to the scenery flying by. 

///////////////////

Roni finished tucking Ainsleigh into the bed in the room Danny had made up for her. She found him washing dishes in the kitchen. "So I uh heard what happened with Harry." Roni gave him a quizical look. "It's all over the media." 

"Oh. I should have suspected."

"Are you ok?" 

"I've been better. But I've been through this before." She shrugged. Her heartache was nothing new. 

"Right. I am sorry about the way I handled things. I really do want to make an effort to be there for Leigh." 

"That's great Danny. I know she needs and wants you in her life." 

"What about you? Do you need and want me in your life?" 

ba ba buuummm. cliffhanger because im a shit lol 

what do you think Roni will say??

vote/comment!! xo -Rachel