15

Bridgette zipped up the back of Roni's dress, "done!" She declared. The black dress flowed to the floor, made of a sheer material with a layer of sparkly cream underneath. The straps of the dress hung on the sides of her shoulder leaving the tanned skin of her collar bones expose. Her hair was in a loose twist braid, and her makeup natural. "You look amazing."

"Thank you for everything!" Roni thanked her friend and walked to the elevator. She wasn't one for heels, so a pair of black boots were hidden under the dress. Outside Roni hailed a taxi and gave him the address Harry had given her. The cab ride increased her nerves with the passing minutes until it slowed to a stop in front of a large building.

After telling the bouncer at the door her name, which Harry did in fact put on the list, she ascended the large stair case. Luckily Harry wasn't too far from the bottom talking to someone. His eyes glued to her as he politely excused himself from the conversation and made his way to her.

"You came." Harry smiles. "You look incredible, by the way."

"Thank you. How was the awards show?" She asked as he led her towards the bar for a drink.

"Won a few, was in the loo when we won one and was late to the acceptance speech. So typical night." He remarks with a cheeky grin.

"Were you really? Great timing!" Roni laughs. The bartender places the drink in front of them. Taking a sip Roni surveys the crowd. Unfortunatly for her Cara was there. She could only pray she didn't recognize her.

"C'mon I want you to meet the rest of the band." Harry guides her through the sea a people with a gentle hand on the small of her back. They approached three taller men that looked vaguly familiar to Roni. Probably from the posters of Leigh's around her room. "Roni this is Liam," he pointed to the one with shorter hair and a hint of a beard. "Louis," the other blonde one with more hair. "And Zayn," Harry motions towards the one with jet black hair pulled into a manbun. Her eyes widen at the realization that he was the guy from the elevator a few days back.

"It's lovely to meet you all. I'm not really familiar with your music but my daughter loves you guys."

"You have a kid? How old is she?" Louis questions.

"Just turned 7. Niall's met her, she nearly passed out." She made small talk with them until Liam and Louis left to find their girlfriends who had gone to the bar.

"I'll be right back." Harry whispered in her ear, giving her hand a reassuring squeeze. That left her standing there with Zayn.

"Look I-"

"I'm going to guess he doesn't know?" His voice was quiet and dark, but that was just the vibe Zayn gave off. Roni shook her head no.

"I've been trying to tell him, I swear. That's why I came here so that I could speak with him. As he'll obviously not want anything to do with me when he finds out."

"Give him a bit of credit. Harry's a very understanding person." Zayn assured her. Roni wasn't so sure about that. She looked around the party at all of the wealthy people drinking and eating like it was their last meal, though they had plenty to buy food for their lifetime. This was normal for them, something that didn't just happen to them on occasion. Roni felt out of place. She decided she had to get out. Mumbling something inaudable to Zayn Roni began climbing the grand staircase.

"Hi! You look super familiar! Where do I know you from?" Cara Delevingne stopped her at the top.She stood there in a perfect silver dress waving a glass of champagne.

"Probably nowhere. I have one of those faces."

"But I saw you with Harry Styles. Did you come here with him?"

"Can you keep a secret?" Roni baited Cara, who nodded excitedly. "Good, so can I." With that Roni continued towards the door. Gathering up her dress in one hand so she could walk faster out into the night. She was thankful at that moment she hadn't given into Bridgettes plees to wear heels. worn heels.

"Roni, wait!" Harry was jogging outside behind her. "Why are you leaving?"

"I don't belong in there. Harry I'm no-"

"What are you talking about? I mean maybe you stand out because you're wearing boots to a fancy party," he gestures to her feet. "But you stand out in a good way. You're like no one else." He moved towards her, closing any gaps between them and connecting their lips. 

this got long. Sorry!! (i hate when chapters are too long!) 

Sooo she tried to tell him. Predictions on what will happen?

vote/comment xo -Rachel