Chapter 38.

Enjoy reading❤

The sun started to come up from the horizon slowly, as the golden linings spread its hue everywhere. But all she could feel was dark, darkness inside her mind, darkness inside her soul. 

Sitting in the waiting area of the hospital Naina kept staring into space. They say that nature won't test us beyond our strength. And she used to believe it also. But right now she just can't. She was never the brave one neither she had that much courage, so that she can endure even the slightest of the pain. Than why did the destiny do this to her. Her whole life changed in a mere second. Her heart pained at the thought that what she believed all this while was nothing but a conceit, a pure lie. Her whole life was a lie. Whom she used to call her father wasn't actually her father. And never in her wildest dream she would agree upon it if it wasn't for her own father to accept it. 

Her gaze went to her side in the far corner where Vikram was sitting with a hunched shoulder. She wondered how this person, instead of having his own child, loved and adored her even after abandoning his own. Her eyes welled up with tears thinking of the love and care he gave her. There wasn't a single moment that she could point out and say that there she felt like she wasn't his own blood. In fact he cared and protect her more than a father can do to his child. Why had he done all this?

Just because a mere promise, he had made to a friend. 

A friend whom he used to love, a friend who broke his heart 

'Can love be this selfless?' She thought, looking back to her hands which were placed in her hands. She can't even put herself on his place.

'Would she ever be able to love like this?'

She again thought and stood up to move forward. Her eyes darted towards the form lying on the bed beyond the large glass door of the ICU, all strangled in different types of equipments. This is the second time he was there because of her. 

A lone tear rolled down her cheeks. Why she always has be the reason of his pain and sufferings? Not only his she was the reason of all the mess in everyone's life. She looked at Anisha, who was weeping in Anita's embrace.

Her mother, Vikram, Kunal, Abhay, Anisha and now her biological father also is suffering because of her. Why she has to be like this?

Her emotions started suffocating her. She wanted to run, run away from all the guilt which were burdening her soul. She started to feel light-headed as she took some steps back and moved away from everyone. Walking past the corridor she came in front of the large glass window of the hospital which was giving a beautiful view of the city. But nothing beheld her attention as her mind kept struggling to overcome the turmoil going through in it.

Closing her eyes she let the tears rolled down her cheeks. And when she opened them, it fell on the reflection of Kunal on the door before her. He was looking at her, intently. The worry and concern in his eyes was something she wasn't expecting after what happened yesterday. She turned around only to come face to face with him.