Chapter 34.

Enjoy reading

As soon as she stepped outside the car a cold wind of October rushed past her cheeks, making a smile graze her lips on its own. Inhaling deeply, she glanced herself only to find the blanket of yellow covering the ground. She liked autumn, a pause between summer and winter, a way of nature to convey that the ending can also be beautiful.

Stepping inside the college campus her eyes wandered to find her friends among the tons of students, busy with their own ones. She was about to make her way to the classroom when a familiar voice came from behind making her stop in mid-way.

She turned around only to find Anita rushing in her way.

"Where the hell were you?!!" Kavya asked with faking anger. " Hadn't I told you to come early?!"

"Oh hello Madame!! I am on time. Besides, there's still so much time left for the class." Anita huffed as she was out of breath with all the running.

"Calm down babes, we have somewhere else to go." Kavya whispered in her ears with secrecy, making Anita raise her eyebrows.

"If by somewhere you mean music room then excuse me...I am not at all in the mood to come across that pathetic crush of yours." Anita said, slumping down on the retaining wall around the giant tree in the campus.

"Watch your words dear" Kavya shot a glare at her.

"Seriously Kavya you're taste in men are getting worse day by day. He is so arrogant, I don't know what you have seen in him." Anita wasn't in the mood to back off. She never liked the idea of Kavya being with Anirudh. It's not like he was the bad guy or something, it's just she never felt that Anirudh could be a good match for her dearest friend, Kavya.

"He isn't arrogant Anu dear, In fact he is the most soft spoken person I have ever met. You haven't met him yet that's why you are saying like this." She said with dreamy eyes, making Anita roll her eyes.

"Whatever it's, I don't like him and that's it." Anita said, raising her hands exasperation.

Kavya was about to defend when a large of a hand engulfed her into a side hug, making her jerk forward but she was quick to regain her posture.

She huffed knowing all too well who the person was. Looking at her side she glared at Anil who was smiling at her cheekily.

"Good morning beautiful!!" He said, hitting her forehead with his own.

"Grow up already man!!" Kavya said, getting fed up with his childish antics.

Shooking his head in negative Anil winked her making a giggle left Anita's mouth. She shot the daggers at Anita, warning her to not start again. But it wasn't like they were someone she can intimidate. Both Anil and Anita started laughing at her like a maniac, making Kavya grit her teeth in anger. It was their habit to irritate and tease Kavya over nothing. And thanks to her fiery and short tempered nature they always succeeded in it.