°•twenty one•°

"You tell me where, I'll go," I snap.

"She crossed the border, Jade," Carol sighs.

"Then, I'll go over the goddamn border and find her!" I shout.

"You know that's not possible," she scolds.

I scoff, unable to cope with her words.

While Carol returned last night, Lydia didn't. 

"You're telling me that she willingly crossed the border? That you two went hunting and she willingly left?" I demand.

"It's what happened," she answers.

"Hey," Carl whispers grabbing my arm, "We'll find her."

I glare to Carol, only receiving a blank stare back. I bite the inside of my lips, storming into the other room away from her.

Once away, I bring my hands to my hair, trying to breathe through my anger.

She used that same face she did when she told Gabriel that she didn't see anything of Negan. A lie. That face meant she was lying about Lydia- it had to be.

It had to be.

--

Emily looked at Siddiq's grave with the most serious face I'd ever seen from her. It's like she was trying to pinpoint what she was feeling, knowing losing Siddiq was the cause, and how to fix it.

The funeral was already over, everyone else had left. Carl wanted to stay longer. And since he stayed, we all did until he was ready to go.

"Mommy," Sophia whispers as we walk away from the grave.

"Yeah, baby?" I ask.

"I didn't think the bad people were here. But, Dante was here the whole time," she frowns.

I place my hand on her shoulder, rubbing comfortingly, "We didn't know. You didn't know."

"I miss Siddiq already," she sighs.

I glance to Carl who was glaring at the road.

"I know, baby. We all miss him."

"Gabriel!" a voice shouts from the watch post.

"What is it?" Gabriel asks, looking up to the guard.

"Need you, man!" 

Gabriel makes his way up the ladder as I hold my hand up to block the sun and watch.

Gabriel's only there for a second or so before muttering something and nearly falling back down as he tries to descend the ladder.

"Gabe?" Laura asks as Gabriel runs past him and to the gates.

"We should get the kids home," Carl whispers, picking up Emily.

Gabriel desperately fights to unlatch the gate, the action making me stop.

"Wait," I grab Carl's arm.

Gabriel seemed.. excited?

As Gabriel shoves the gate open, it was clear why.

"Oh my god," was all I could manage.

Carl slowly sets Emily down, his hands shaking at the realization.

A couple guards raise their weapons, Gabriel and Laura running in front of them to stop them.

"Hold your weapons!" Laura shouts.

I place my free hand on Carl's back as he gasps out. 

Gabriel announces-

"It's Rick Grimes!"