🌻Chapter Eleven🌻

“All I know about the mask is that it's not a plaything, once you get ahold of it, you're pretty much fucked.”

Dallon's been scowling me for the past twenty minutes now, Patrick had been silent throughout, not saying a word as Dallon spoke about the dangers of this certain mask.

“Where can we find it?” The question was stupid to ask but I wanted to know, the book I got from the library mentioned nothing about powerful masks.

“Are you insane child!” Dallon's mouth fell to the floor. Patrick shot his eyes up to me from his corner.

“Kinda,” my voice lowered as I fiddled with my fingers, avoiding Dallon's glare, “I-I just want to see what it looks like you know? My curiosity is eating me alive.”

“No, Tyler.” The sorcerer's face softened as he breaths out a frustrated sigh. Patrick steps away from his corner, his transparent form sitting down on the window pane next to the desk.

He knew that he had to choose a side soon, Dallon or me.

On the other hand, Patrick has known Dallon way longer than I have, which was pretty self-explanatory.

Silence fell as the two exchanged glances, having some sort of silent conversation with each other while I waited for one of them to respond. So far, nothing.

Dallon nodded his head as if he was just defeated in a never-ending eternal battle with himself, “you're going with what Brendon told you?” He asked Patrick and I shot my head up, interested in what he was talking about, “I've done all I could do.”

“I know,” Patrick says with a nod, looking at me, “but I don't think it's time for you to face much bigger challenges, not with your mental state of mind Tyler.”

Dallon nodded his head as if agreeing with him. I didn't understand any of this at all, why were they talking to me about my current state when it was Josh that was conscripted to fight and witness Patrick's death? I told him not to join and he didn't listen to a word I had said. So, why I'm I in this all of a sudden?

I was fine for a year, up until recently but I can still manage to take whatever it is out there, all I need to do now is get rid of Blurryface once and for all.

“And what does that have to do with anything?” I raised an eyebrow, “my mental state has nothing to do with finding a mask.”

“And that's the point Tyjo, I know how you get and if the mask is powerful like Dallon said it is, just imagine what else it could do. You're not ready to take on such a big responsibility.”

I took that into consideration and Patrick was right, but I wasn't going to go off that easy, no way.

“I'm fine, Patrick,” I eyed him, getting up from the chair, “been fine for a year.”

Nobody said anything after that as I walked out of my bedroom. Patrick's words repeated themselves in my head and I was too distracted to notice that I had bumped into someone, immediately shooting me out of my trance as I looked to see who it was.

“Oh, hey Tyler,” it was Arrow, “didn't see you there, hey? Are you okay you seem...a bit off?”

I didn't feel like talking to anyone right now, and so I just ignored her, not meaning to. I just needed some time alone.

“Hey, Tyler,” a hand slapped itself onto my shoulder, pausing my walking as I growled in irritation. Arrow was in front of my line of vision, her pointed ears were lowered, she was concerned, “what's the matter?”

“It's nothing you should worry about,” I told her, frowning. She wasn't buying it.

“Somethings wrong and I wanna help,” she quivers her lip, “please?”

I groaned finally giving in as we stepped into the living room, taking my place in an armchair next to the fireplace, “aren't you a little young to be knowing about this type of stuff?”

Arrow was sitting on the sofa, her chin resting in her hand as she glared at me, somewhat offended.

“I'm only fifteen,”  She rolled her eyes, “I know what I need to know and I can tell your in a situation.”

“And what situation is that?”

“You're depressed.”

My eyes grew wide, how does she know? nobody told her about my little problem since I've been here and that's only been a day, “and I can help you with that.”

I knitted my eyebrows together as she told me to come over to her, I hesitated but did what she told me to do. She then placed her index finger onto my forehead, a flash of white light filled up the room for only a second.

I gasped and felt my body collapse onto the floor, my head hitting the tiles hard making me fall into a state of unconsciousness.