🌻Chapter Four🌻

I waited for Josh at the airport, deep in thought on what he found that had caught my curiosity.

People bustled all around, not taking any notice of me for being the leader's son, which was a relief on my part considering the fact that I didn't feel like talking to anyone or signing any autographs.

Nate was with me as well, hands in the pockets of his hoodie as he watched the escalators, looking for any sign of Joshua.

“Any moment now,” he says, inhaling a breath of air before letting it out slowly, I glanced at him.

“Did you get a hold of Pete?” I asked, taking my eyes back to the educators as I caught sight of the familiar shock of dyed red hair and shaved sides. The question I had just asked will have to wait as a grin stretched across my gums. Josh smiled at us as he rode down the escalators, once he was at arm's length I immediately pulled him into a hug, crushing him and patting his back.

“I can’t believe he let you go,” I say, leaning away from him as Nate grabbed his stuff to take back to the house, “how's Jenna?”

“She's fine,” Josh followed us out of the terminal and over to my driverless car that was parked out front, “she really misses you guys though, she couldn’t come with me because of how busy she was at the mansion, oh, and Gerard says hi.”

I frowned at that, it's been a while since I've last seen her, Mikey and my father. The passenger side opened as the car started up by itself, I climbed inside as the rest had done the same.

“So, what is this ‘thing’ you wanted us to see?” Nathan asked, yes, I told him about the call I had with Josh, he needed to know.

“I-I’ve found something of Brendon’s,” he swallowed down the nervousness as he continued on, “And since he is...you know, dead, a few scouts and I were at the campsite, just wandering around,” he bit the insides of his cheek as I listened to him very closely, “and then I came across Brendon’s tent and found this.”

He pulled his backpack up to his lap and unzipped it, he fished inside and pulled out a dark leathered book with carvings on the cover. He gives it to me to examine.

The carvings were unfamiliar to me as my hand grazed the smooth surface of the book. “Did you see what was inside?” I looked over my shoulder, handing the book over to Nate as Josh shook his head.

“Could be his diary for all I know,” he just shrugged, “I’m not the type to be peeking into other people's business.”

I nodded and turned to face forward as we arrived at the two-story home, the car halted once it pulled into the driveway.

My mother was waiting on the porch, sipping at her tea as we got out of the vehicle, Nate gave the book back to me so that I could hide it in my jacket.

“Mom I don't think you’ve met Nate and Josh,” I say as I walked up the wooden steps with Nate and Josh in tow, my mother tilted her head to the side but other than that gave the two boys a kind smile.

She went over to Nathan first, “It's nice to meet you, and you are?”

“I’m Nathan.”

“Ah,” she nodded her head, as if she was satisfied, but then she frowned as she took her gaze over to the red-haired boy standing awkwardly next to me, “and you must be the boy Tyler met while on the run?”

Josh looked up at her, fiddling with his fingers before speaking, “yes miss, I was with him during his journey.”

Nothing was said after that. Mother just made a face at him, it was nothing out of hatred just pure detestation for the kid. And Josh knew that she didn't like him, but for what? Josh was a nice guy.

We've followed mother inside, Summer was upstairs finishing up her homework as I made my way to my room across from hers with the book still hidden from view.

My room was small, with only a twin bed up against the wall on the right side by the window, a nightstand next to it. A dresser was slid up in front of me with a walk-in closet beside that. The walls were a dark blue with posters of bands covering them along with the songs I had written throughout the years. The floor was just like the one in the living room but red.

I jumped onto my bed headfirst after I sat the book down on the stand.

Maybe you should take a look.

Not you again,” I hissed as his voice came into mind. I thought he was gone for good.

But, I guess I was wrong.

I don't want to talk to you right now Blurryface.

Silence.

Come on, just a peek, it won't hurt.

Oh God, shut up!

And then silence came again right when Nate and Josh entered my room, I was glad that was over.

But I knew for a fact that he will return and taunt me once more.