The gut feeling

Izuku gulped.

He had met many people in his life, many powerful people, and while some seemed intimidating, like All Might and Endeavour, due to their raw power, the way this little white furball, Nezu, seemed to so effortlessly exert her dominance was scary on a whole new level.

Despite the difference in size, Izuku could tell just by her aura that Nezu is not one to be taken lightly, and Izuku found himself slightly respecting that.

'Then again, this is the principal of UA I'm in the presence of.' Izuku thought, taking a breath.

"Um, I assume you already know about the situation of the reporters out in the front?" Izuku asked, just to clarify.

Nezu's smile dropped into a frown. "If you came here because of something as measly as a couple of reporters th-" She didn't have the chance to continue as Izuku spoke up again.

"Oh no! God no, I mean, they were pretty annoying but that's not why I'm here, I think someone tipped them off, and is using them as a distraction, or is going to." Izuku said.

Nezu rose a brow, before bringing her paws together, moving to sit back at her desk. "That is concerning, do you have any proof?" She asked, taking Izuku completely seriously.

Izuku hung his head low as he sighed. "No, I don't, but I noticed a suspicious individual in all black clothing in the crowd of reporters, when I was entering the building, and I just wanted to say that in case you didn't already, to keep an eye on the gate at all times, I just have a gut feeling, and I know this may seem untrusting, but I've never been wrong so far when it comes to those." He said confidently, looking the rodent in the eyes.

Nezu stared at him for a moment, not detecting an ounce of lying in his face or body movement, before responding. "I see, there is no reason for a reporter to dress all in black, and did they have any sort of equipment with them?" She went on to ask.

Izuku shook his head no, and Nezu sighed. "Yes, I agree with you, that is quite suspicious, I'll send someone to watch the gate, you may head back to class now." She said, sitting in her chair.

Izuku nodded. "I'm glad you're taking this seriously, I'll be taking my leave now." He excused himself, exiting the room, before heaving a sigh.

'Well that was an interesting experience.' He thought, starting the walk to his class.

...

Izuku stared at the board in silence, and in slight shock.

Izuku Midoriya: 4 votes.

Tina Iida: 3 votes.

'I didn't even vote for myself, I voted for Iida.' Izuku thought, staring at the board. 'Then who voted for me?'

He looked around for a bit, noticing Katsumi looking away, refusing to make eye contact, Uraraka sent a small smile his way. Making two.

He heard a sigh somewhere along the class, looking over to find Momo, who had a slight look of regret on her face. 'Could she have been the third?' He wondered.

Iida stood from her chair, and marched over to Izuku. "Good job Midoriya! While I can't help but feel slightly disappointed that I myself am not the class president, I did vote for you, so I'm content with Vice President." She said.

"Ah thanks, I had voted for you, I thought you and Yaoyorozu would make a good team since you both are smart and strict." Izuku responded, blushing slightly as he placed his hand behind his head, ruffling the back of his hair a bit.

"Is that so? Well I voted for you because of your keen intuition in moments of indecision, you're always quick with a plan from what I know about you." Iida replied.