| 9 |

Yoongi's POV

His least favorite thing about his job had to be finals weeks because everyone was twice as stressed and equally as busy. So to make his life easier, he gave the best students the option to be exempt from the exam. It gave him fewer papers to grade and it made it a little less stressful for the students who qualified. (Including Jimin, unfortunately).

This so-called "suffering", as he liked to call it, led him to work in his office two hours earlier than usual. He cursed whoever it was who came up with the stupid idea for finals. Obviously, someone had to be at fault for his agony, and it certainly wasn't his own doing. With plenty of groaning and complaining to himself, he was able to finish creating the exam for Wednesday.

With that done, Yoongi was left with an endless number of emails that he'd been neglecting to answer for the past few weeks. As he let out another loud groan, someone started knocking at his door. So out of fear, he immediately ducked under his desk until he realized that the door was still closed.

He cursed to himself before he called out, "The door's open so come on in." Out of everyone who could've been behind the door, Jimin was not one of them for some reason. (Honestly, he should expect it by now).

"Hey Yoongi, I hope it's okay to come by so early." Jimin slowly closed the door behind him, nervously awaiting his professor's response.

"Hey! I wasn't expecting you, but I'm so glad you're here." Yoongi smiled brightly and gestured for Jimin to take a seat next to him.

"Really? I always feel like I'm bothering you." Jimin dragged a chair over to where he was sitting.

"You don't bother me, Jimin." Yoongi reached his arm over to caress the younger's shoulder in hopes of reassuring him.

"Okay, good. Did you need any more help, Hyung?" Jimin felt his cheeks heat up at the surprising physical contact and couldn't help but smile.

"Technically no, but I needed a good distraction from my work," Yoongi admitted while he continued responding to emails, not exactly aware of what he was saying. (It must've been the lack of sleep, or at least that's what he'll blame it on).

"I can definitely do that then. What are you even working on?" Jimin asked as he leaned closer to his laptop to see if he could take a peek.

"I have at least two hundred emails that I have to answer by the end of the day." Yoongi let himself groan again as he buried his face into his hands for a moment.

"That's a lot more than I was expecting. Are you sure I'm not bothering you?" Jimin asked while he placed his hand on top of his hyung's and gave it a light squeeze.

"Yeah I'm sure, don't worry about it." Yoongi squeezed his hand back before retracting it to continue working.

"I believe you, but you really need to focus. I'll leave you be for now and we can talk later." Jimin motioned to stand up before Yoongi grabbed his hand.

"Fine, but will you at least meet me after school? I'd love to go out for lunch" Yoongi asked while staring right into the younger's eyes.

"That sounds perfect, I'll text you later then." Jimin released himself from his hyung's grip before walking out of his office.

The last thing Yoongi saw was Jimin's beautiful smile and soon enough he was alone again.

+

Yoongi :