Chapter 33 : Just One Month

Start from the beginning

Sir, meet Miss Nora Williamson. She's one of the most kind hearted person. I don't think I even need to state how much she loves kids. ” the Pastor introduces Noriana to me being oblivious to our relationship.

“ Miss Nora, this is-- ”

“ Hans Nicholas Anderson. I know him. He's a famous businessman who masters at making deals and screwing up a beautiful day. It was lovely meeting you. ” she taunts after cutting Pastor off, leaving me dumbfounded.

She's super mad at me this time.

“ Pastor John, I'm sorry but I've got some urgent job to take care of. ” she says and leaves without waiting for any consent from him.

“ Um-- Mr. Anderson, she- she's not like this. She's generally very polite, I am-- ”

“ That's fine. I've got some urgent work too. I anticipate you won't mind.” without waiting for a second, I run like a bat from hell after Noriana.

Lord, I need to clear everything. I'm sure we both have been living under a big misunderstanding.

“ Nora! Stop. ” I shout as I see an English girl in peach colour dress. It feels very weird to call her Nora but I reckon she doesn't like when I call her Noriana.

I expected her to continue walking away but on the contrary she stops. Turns towards me, crossing her arms against her chest, she waits for me to cross the distance.

Why am I nervous?

I decelerate my speed and slowly walks towards her. “ I- I wanted to ask--”

“ Seriously? You have the courage to stand here and question me. Hans, I'm so done with you. Can you just, for a day, leave me alone. ” her cheeks turn red out of anger. “ Hans Creepy Anderson! ”

“ Nora, let me just-- wait what did you call me? ”

“ Yeah that's right, you're the biggest creep I've ever seen. Mr. Creepy Anderson. ”

“ You're forgetting whom you're talking to. ”

“ Oh really? But why do I doubt that? Oh yes, because I know that I'm talking to Mr. Male Bitch who has been the pain in my arse since the second my fate crossed yours. ”

Ouch. This Male Bitch doesn't sound sexy at all. How dare she? Now where the heck is she going. The taxi stops right in front of me, she slides in, and leaves and I keep standing like a ghost.

Noriana, now my next move will be the consequence of your actions.

***

Nora's POV -

Church's fundraising event for orphan kids. Where else could I be when my roommate got married last night and moved to her husband's place. That implies, I've got no one to hang out with on the weekend.

So volunteering for those innocent kids who don't even know why would their parents bore them and then left them like this, seemed to be the best option.

But the shocker is, how on earth did I not know that Hans was coming to the event. I'm his assistant for heaven's sake. I schedule all his meeting and visits.

Throwing my bag on the table I lie on the couch hugging my little teddy, Mr. Henry. Let's just watch a movie or something. I don't want to remember anything that he told me yesterday, on Josie's wedding.