Chapter 87 // I was never meant to make it this far

Hermione's POV

If you're invested in the book I can guarantee you are gonna cry here, sorry

Also, I'm really annoyed I wasn't able to put in Nevilles speech

We all made our way onto the courtyard; Voldemort was leading his army of death. Hagrid was among them, carrying a dead body, Harry Potter's dead body

"HARRY POTTER... IS DEAD!" Weaselette screamed and tried running forward, her father stopped her "SILENCE! Stupid girl. Harry potter... is dead from this day forth, you put your faith in me..." he turned around "HARRY POTTER IS DEAD!"

the hundreds of death eaters laughed with him. Why does his laugh sound like SpongeBob- weird

"and now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us. Or die"

"Draco" Lucius called, I directed my glare at him and squeezed Draco's hand

"don't, please" I whispered

"Draco, Hermione" my gaze softened when I looked at Narcissa, but neither of us joined them

"how... disappointing"

I took a deep breath and straightened my posture, asserting confidence.

"don't do something stupid Hermione" Draco muttered

"you can't stop me Draco, you say that to me all the time, it's never worked" I walked forward, into the middle of the courtyard

"I'm not afraid of you anymore, I'm not afraid to say your name anymore and I am not afraid to stand up to you anymore because- well, every year we have to deal with a-a new evil defence of the dark arts teacher or some stupid tournament or you for fuck sake"

"my child-"

"no, you do not get to call me that, I stopped being a child when you burnt this mark into my skin!" I pulled up my sleeve  "I mean- people have died OUR FRIENDS DIED! Our families and our friends have risked and lost their lives and for what?.... for some sociopathic serial killer to try and take over the world when he couldn't kill an emo teenager or even a fucking baby...
for 11 years I wanted more than anything to get into this messed up school, and when I got that letter... I can't even explain how happy I was until I got here and- well everything that happened every year, I mean seriously! WE WERE KIDS we were only children! And after every summer break, we pretended nothing had happened the year before because guess what? We can't do a single bloody thing about it, Yes I've always been a bit of a bitch, I agree, but the amount of trauma I and everyone I know have gone through? That's enough to last a couple of lifetimes yet we were a couple of kids when it happened and- and it's not even over!"

"I saved your lives"

"how? By taking our dignity? Our identity? Our happiness? you killed my brother! you want to kill me too? THEN HAVE AT IT! KILL ME! DO IT! Come on!" I waited; he didn't even lift his wand "that's what I thought. but now you've killed our only hero; you killed the only person anyone had hope in... or, at least you thought you did"
I smirked "you know about my power? I can see how everything is going to play out? Well, as im sure you also know, I haven't been completely honest with you... 'my lord" I mock bowed "I kept a small secret from you, a secret that has cost you your life and sadly, many others, would you like to know?... I knew who was going to win this from the start, I knew someone was going to die and it wasn't potter, I've been on his side without anyone knowing this entire time"
I felt him trying to get into my mind but I blocked him "you think you can control me now? You never could, I may be a death eater but I only joined your bleeding cult because- because you killed my brother... and now Im getting my vengeance, POTTER NOW!"