Chapter 53 // blood quills

Hermione's POV

"Today, we acknowledge... a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was- as you all know exceptionally hard-working... infinitely fair-minded... and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. Now, I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died, You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort! The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this, but not to do so, I think, would be an insult to his memory. Now, the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me- reminds us while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we've made this year will be more important than ever. remember that cedric Diggory did not die in vain you remember that and we'll celebrate a boy who was... kind and honest and... brave and true right to the very end"

And that's it, as soon as this year is over, we are gonna forget all about what happened to poor Diggory- 

Cedric

Daphne made me realize that when someone is dead you should respect them by calling them their first names, it's the least I could do after not being able to save him. 

No one will care anymore, we will forget it all in between trying to get through whatever will happen next year

Next year... Merlin, I hope it will be better than this year

Students in the great hall writing with quills of their own blood

Or not

sooooooo this was the quickest chapter yet but I jus needed to put Dumbledore's speech in and this is the last chapter of this year anyway, so next year is year 5... fun, kinda...