This chapter is dedicated to raima_123, Go follow her account and check out her book ‘In love with you’

Wise or Coward

Chase Foreswift

Chase Foreswift

“How dare you!” Orion Westwood howls, smacking his fist on the wooden surface. His eyes replenished with hostility. “How could you break the laws?”

After Luna Hendrix caught us, she compelled us to go to  Mr.Westwood's office. She yelled at Charlotte but not at us. At first, I reckoned, she was sparing us but then I realized she was just giving a sign to brace ourselves to face the most stringent person in the Ambrose Academy.

“Answer me!” He shouts. Amber flinches and as soon as his voice reaches our ears, she stands hugging herself, lowering her head. She bites her lips every time Mr.Westwood yells. “You could have got yourself killed!”

Julian gazes at his watch, he doesn't make eye contact with Orion but spares few glances at me. His eyes hold fear but it was a different shade of fear.  He isn't worried about the punishment we are about to get. He is afraid that they are going to notify his dad.

Luna Hendrix was sitting on a chair that was positioned in the corner of the room, looking at us as Mr.Westwood shouted at us. She had a numb look smeared over her face. I was pretty sure that she wasn't that angry about the fact that we went there. I had a feeling that she was showing the other teacher that she was just trying to make them think that she cared.

I stood between Amber and Julian, with my hands pinned behind my back. I attempt to look at Orion but as soon as his eyes pierce through mine, I shiver at the thought of the repercussions of this act. ‘I am not going back to live with Mrs. Smith.’

From the corner of my eyes, I peer at Charlotte standing beside Julian. She gazed at Orion in a relaxed manner, way too relaxed. She takes a few steps backward and rests her back on the wall across to Mr.Westwood's desk. “Miss Evans, you never cease to surprise me,” Orion says trying to calm down, folding his hand over his massive chest. He looked like a balloon which is on the verge of bursting. 

Three of us peer over our shoulder to gaze at Charlotte. She raises her eyebrows with a strange amusement and replies in a calm demeanor, “Well, you know we all are going to die. So, I am just trying to spend my last few days in peace.” She teases, folding her arms over her chest, “You should take my advice too.”

“And What does that suppose to mean?” Mr. Orion's mood made my hair stand on the end. His nostrils flared with bitterness. Thalia runs into the room and gazes at us helplessly. Orion spares a look at his wife then back at Charlotte.

“Bullshit!” She snaps, “I am talking about what's going on.” Orion glares at her, “I am talking about the Abbingtons.”

“Who?”