Charlotte Evans

Chase Foreswift.

"So, they had green flickering eyes,"

All of us who was the victim of the attack, are inside the Literature room. We stand in front of the desk. Luna Hendrix, our literature teacher sits at the desk, whereas Thalia and Orion Westwood, Balrus III stand gazing at us.

"Are you alright?" Thalia inquires, with much concern in her voice. "Did they hurt you?"

"They tried to kill us?" Amber looks at me for assurance, I provide her an encouraging nod. "-saying they wanted to take our blood and flesh to feed their masters."

"Masters?" Orion mumbles with confusion. There exists a pause, then I notice his eyebrows lit up. As if he has guessed something. He looks at Balrus for an answer, Balrus furrows his eyebrows.

"But Charlotte saved us," Zara says catching everyone's attention.

"You are friends with her," Luna Hendrix inquires with much disbelief. "Since when did she start talking to people."

"That doesn't matter. What matters is that you are safe. You all should go to the hospital and test if there is any injury in your body."

We slowly walk outside, when I hear Orion's voice, "You think it's them, don't you?" My eyes shine with curiosity but at this moment I am more interested in Charlotte and most importantly what is she? A witch or something else.

We start to walk, still processing what happened. "Don't you think we should go thank Charlotte for saving us?" Julian suggests, surveying our face for an answer.

"I think we should." I support. Zara and Amber nod. I mean she saved our lives, so it will be ungrateful for us to not thank her.
"But where is she?" I gaze at the twins expecting they know her current location.

"I saw her," Zara answers with much enthusiasm. "I saw her in the cafeteria."

"Okay. Let's go then."

The cafeteria which is always crowded was silent and peaceful. Charlotte sat at the corner. The light could barely extend its grasp at that corner.

She doesn't talk to anyone not that I have seen her talk to anyone. She sits at the darkest corner in every class. It is as if she admires darkness over light. As if she wants to hide from others.

We approach, "Hey."

She is reading a book, 'Unravel me' Her eyes stays fix at the book, "You are welcome" She mutters.

'Rude'

I glance at others, judging from their looks they are all hesitating.