This chapter is dedicated to Stylessluvv, Check out her book ‘Runaway’ It is a Harry Styles fanfiction. I am damn sure you will enjoy reading it.

Balrus III(2)

Chase Foreswift

Chase Foreswift

“What is it that you yearn, young warden?” Quintus Tate rises to his feet. Peering over his shoulder, he turns to look at us. His face isn't quite visible, his tone had shades of annoyance, “What you all doing here?” He roars.

“Amber.” Charlotte positions her hand over her hips and turns towards Amber, Gesturing towards the extinguished lamp, she asks, “Can you please ignite the lamp.”

Amber gives a nod, She folds her fingers into a fist. Closing her eyes, she mutters something under her breath. The lamp situated outside the cage ignites. The flash from the fire illuminated Ouintus's face. He appeared to be a man in his thirties. His eyes were grey, the color of lips had faded, his face was pale and there was a cross mark below his left eyes. He wore a white shirt tucked inside black trousers and a black waistcoat. Amber flinched at the sight of the prisoner, Julian's eyes froze at his face.

The prisoner backs off, as the light touches his face. He groans and eyes Charlotte with bitterness, “Do you comprehend, what you are committing, Miss Evans by bringing this youth down here.”

“These youths want to converse with you, Mister Tate,” Charlotte says folding her arms over her chest. The prisoner stays calm, he doesn't say a word, “About Leo. ” She adds. “And he informed me, you appreciate disrespecting me.”

There was some kind of engraving over the metal bars of the cage and a sigil on the walls of every cage. ‘Some kind of protection, I guess.’ While I was engrossed with my observation, Julian takes his position by my side. Leaning over my shoulder he whispers, “Who is Leo? Did you miss to mention anything?”

“I don't know, maybe it's Balrus's real name,” I mumble. I gaze at him.

“Maybe” He repeats.

“Don't you think one of us should have stayed back to check that nobody is coming?” Amber whispers. Julian nods and glances at me.

“Yeah, but we can't go now. ” Julian replies, “I saw Charlotte closing the door.”

“But the teachers have keys to every room. ” Amber says. She is right. What if, some decides to come to the prison today. If someone does, we are unlucky, ‘But we can't be that unlucky, can we?’

“What about Mister Perfect.” He replies with disgust. Rolling his eyes, He gazes at us, “What about him after all these years?”

“Your Masters are on the verge of being rejuvenated,” Charlotte says unfolding her arm, The prisoner's eyes shine with a unique shade of excitement and fear, “And since you didn't know that, it's clear that they don't give a rat's ass about you.”