This chapter is dedicated to -moonxx, She is amazing. Check out her profile, it's super cool and her work, 'only you', It is a TVD fanfic and it's  amazing.

°°°

Mistakes

Balrus III

Balrus III

YOU Will PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID, LEO

My body trembles at the sight of the text painted with blood on the bathroom mirror. I stand at the door, shivering as the former memories push into my mind, affecting my sanity. My heart beating vigorously. I place my hand on the knob and shut the door immediately.

I turn around and rest my back on the surface of the door, breathing heavily. I gradually let myself settle down on the floor.

Nobody has called me by that name for years

I outstretch my arm, pulling my sleeves up, I glimpse at the slavery mark tattooed on my wrist.

I rarely look at this mark. Every time I look at it, I am reminded of the dark days that I had gone through. I run a hand through my hair in frustration and place it over my face.

I wasn't born a witch, I was a human. My family was poor, and my father had to work twice as hard to feed my mother, brother, and me. Some days they would not eat anything so that I and my brother can eat sufficiently. Despite all this distress, our parents never let us feel any less than the royalties. That was until my father died of tuberculosis. There wasn't any cure for TB back then. Our condition turned from worse to worst. There were days when our family would remain hungry.

After one year, My mother felt sick. Both I and my brother were frightened, after all, he was 11 and I was 13. We didn't know what to do. I ran to people asking for their help but they refused and disgraced us.

‘You are better dead than alive. ’ They would say. She was my mother, what kind of a son would I be if I let my mother die. So, I did what was left. I sold myself to them.

We came to a precise condition, I give myself to them, in return they will take care of my mother and my brother. Sometimes I would sit and wonder, that some people consider the Abbingtons evil but they are no less than them. Maybe some are even worse than them. Abbingtons were evil, vicious, cruel but they knew how to keep a man's word. I was young and they didn't take advantage of my innocence instead they respected my decision.