15

This Chapter is dedicated to Lass_Sarcastic. Go check out her book 'Found' and also her 'art book' It is freaking amazing.

15|Chase and Amber (1)

Chase Foreswift

Both of us had collected every ingredient together, It is like a mission impossible. We have been planning this for four days now. We have stalked Thalia and her husband, Orion as well. Because if he catches us, I don't know what he is going to do to Amber but I am damn sure, he will throw me in front of Balrus's dragons. I do understand why Amber thought it was easy to perform the spell on Thalia. She is nicer than others, Balrus is a warlock himself, a very powerful one, he can obviously sense if a magic spell is pulled over him. Orion as I said, everybody is afraid of him, and then there is Luna Hendrix, well she is strange and there are rumors that her office is magic-proof and it has cameras. If it's true then we will be screwed. So it's better to go with Thalia.

Are you sure, Amber?” I ask. Amber places a bowl on my table, I place my hand on its surface leaning towards it, “Look, I trust you, I do. But sneaking into Thalia's office is a bit risky, don't you think?”

“I know, Chase.” She mumbles, turning her head a bit to gaze at my eyes.

“I have no idea why the teachers are keeping us in the dark and it's unbearable, I want some answers.” I turn to gaze at the door to check if someone is coming. Amber was nervous, sweat tickles down the side of her forehead as she mixes the ingredients. She turns to look at the door, “Don't worry, Julian has gone to talk to the teachers. You know, teachers were a bit worried about his recent behaviors.”

There is a pause between us, she wipes her forehead with her handkerchief, shoving it back into her pocket. Unlike her sister, Zara, She doesn't talk much. I break the silence by asking her a question that has been bothering me for quite some time, “Why doesn't Zara believe you?”

She doesn't look at me, her eyes stay glued to the bowl, “It is because once she had this boyfriend of hers. We thought, he was human but he wasn't. When I touched him, I saw what he really was. He was a vampire with a taste for witch blood. -” She picks up, the tiny bottle that was kept nearby, “-I freaked out, I was scared I told that to dad, and he-” She takes a deep breath, after few seconds she continues,“-killed him. We didn't say that to Zara. But you know how long can a truth stay hidden. Zara came to know about it and she said that she knew what he was and she was okay with it. She used to give him her blood,  willingly, ” She signs, “Can you imagine that the boy took advantage of her yet she thought that he loved her.”

“That's awful,” I say, both of us stretch our hands to grab the flowers, when her hand touches mine, she gazes at me for a few seconds and pulls her hand away.