First Day

Chase Foreswift

Chase Foreswift

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock. I groaned, shifting on my bed. I open my eyes to gaze at the ceiling. The sunlight penetrated through the curtain and touched my face. The sound of birds and the buzzing of bees reached my ears. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand. I roll over and stayed face down for a while.

I signed and gaze at Julian. He was still sleeping.

‘How is he still sleeping.’

The alarm clock was closest to his ears. However, it did not affect him at all. He didn't move, he just laid where he was with his arm over his head.

I jumped off my bed. Putting on my shoes, I travelled towards my desk to grab my toothbrush. I brushed my teeth and got ready. At least that was one thing I was sure of. I had to submit my form to Mrs. Westwood and start my classes from today.

While I was finished. I hear Julian exclaim, “Nooooo!”

I turned around to face him. Frowning my eyebrows, I greet, “Good morning, is everything alright?”

He jumped off his bed and ran a hand through his hair, “I forgot to do the assignment.”

“Oh,” I whisper.

“Shit! Shit! Shit!”

I just scratched the back of my head. I didn't know what I should say. He jumped and cursed out loud. He said tons of weird things that I didn't understand.

He halted and gazed at me. "Okay. Now it's 8:30-" He said gazing at his watch. "- our classes are going to start after an hour, why don't we go and get our breakfast." Julian suggested. “I can finish my homework in the cafeteria. There is still time.”

"Okay." I said awkwardly, “You should go get dressed."

He got dressed and stood in front of the mirror fixing my tie, "You look like Harry Potter minus the glasses." Julian teased, adjusting his hair. I was sitting on the edge of my bed, with my arms over my knees and my hands together in a knot. I chuckle and shake my head. "So you ready." He turned to face me, letting go of his tie I nod, "let's go."

***

While strolling through the hallway, I survey the building to distract myself from the negativity that crept into my mind. Rooms in our side of the building were mostly inhabited by boys. Towards the end of the hall was a huge door that led to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was a huge hall with two gigantic doors, five chandeliers, two huge counters on either end. The ceiling was adorned with an elegant painting and fountain stood at the heart of the cafeteria. About twenty to thirty tables we're positioned apart from one another.   Each had 6 chairs.