This chapter is dedicated to Orphic_Moon, Check out her book, ‘Ruthless’. It is amazing. I really love her writing. It's beautiful.

The Prophecy

Chase Foreswift

Chase Foreswift

“So, what did your dad say?” I ask heading out of our herbalism class. All the students are heading back to their rooms after the last class. Suddenly I catch a glimpse of Charlotte. I notice when she walks everyone moves away from her like she is an animal.

‘Why do all of them treat her like that?’ 

“She is such an abomination. She murdered her own mother. Can you imagine how horrible is that?” I hear someone say.

‘But that's just a rumor. You don't know her side of the story. You don't know what kind of a person she is. So, you can't judge her just like that.’ 

I turn to look back at Julian, who runs a hand through his hair and mutters, “The usual, to make sure that I don't do anything that will affect his reputation.”

Hardly had I reached my room when I change my clothes. I sit at my desk, pulling out the notebook from my back. I started going through today's notes.  To be honest, I regret my decision to choose Greek.

Ugh, Now what the hell does this mean.’

I glare at the notes when Julian asks me, “So, Amber is reading a forbidden book, huh?” I peek over my shoulder. “Where did she get that?”

“Charlotte gave that to her,” I say, turning back to the desk. I closed the notebook, put it aside. I turn my body to my right to face him. Placing my one arm over the desk and the other on the top rail of the chair. I tell him everything that we have discovered.

“Damn.” He says, “You two will make a lovely couple, trust me.” He winks. Walking towards me, he pats on my shoulder.

“We are just friends,” I explain. Amber is a good friend, it is better that way. Once we get into a relationship things may tend to get messy between us. I don't want that. I like what we have between us.

“That's what every couple says  before being in a relationship.” He signs walking away.  He drops himself on his bed, Gazing at the ceiling, he announces, “Trust me, Amber is perfect for you.”

I groan and look away. “Anyways, ” I sign, “Do you know who runs this place?” I ask trying to avert the topic.

“Balrus does.” He mutters, I tell him that Balrus was one of the servants of the Abbingtons, “He betrayed them, Julian.”

“I knew something was off about him. ” He lifts his head to look at me, “He is freaking out, I am damn sure. I overheard Orion and Thalia talk about him. They are worried about him. ”