CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Don't cry my dear. Whatever it is you want to tell us,you can. We are not going to force you. You can tell us whenever you are ready. Okay?"her mother said reassuring her.

"Okay. I won't cry anymore"she said drying off her tears. "Let me get done with this quickly"

"I will be in my room"her mother announced picking up the jug and left with her flipflops making funny sounds when they make contact with the tiled floor.

She sighed in relief looking at the great work she has done. Putting everything in place,she went back upstairs to her room to get her veil,she wrapped it roughly over her head and left. Even though she woke up early,she is still late. And the traffic jam is not helping matters.

She Parked her car outside the house. She didn't want to wake them up with her horn. After all she wanted to give them a surprise.

But what if they're already awake she thought standing in front of the door. Putting on a wide smile,she knocked on the door but didn't get any response. She used the doorbell but still there was no response.

Without any hesitation she pushed the door and luckily the door was not locked. That means they're awake.

"Assalamu Alaikum"she shouted closing the door behind her. Admiring the house more,it looked even more beautiful with the light on. "Ma sha Allah"she brought out her phone and tapped on raheenah's number.

* * *

Raheenah's phone kept ringing on and on and on. The duvet she slept with was already on the floor. She hissed loudly picking up her phone. It was 9 : 15 am. She looked at the caller who gave her 4 missed calls. She unlocked the phone and tapped on the missed call button.

Mufida she thought as she tapped the call back button.

"It took you so long to pick up the call. what were you doing?"mufida asked immediately she answered the call.

"Sleeping what else?"she replied rolling her eyes.

"I don't need to tell you but if you want me to tell you th....."

"I don't want that"raheenah cut her off knowing where the conversation was heading to. "Why did you give me 4 missed calls?"

"Uh...I'm here I brought breakfast for the both of you"

"Wait....don't joke with me. Are you serious?"raheenah asked getting off the bed out of excitement. Don't blame her,she didn't eat anything since yesterday.

"Yeah I am. I'm leaving now. The food is on the centre table"she said and hang up.

"Don't leave...I'm coming down now"she said not knowing that the phone was disconnected. When she didn't get any response she looked at her phone screen and noticed that the call was disconnected 2 minutes ago.

She kept the phone aside and went downstairs to check if mufida was really telling the truth. And she was when she saw the food exactly where she told her it was.

"Thank you so much mufida. You saved my hunger today"she shouted joyfully. She went back to her room to get ready for the day but that was when she noticed that ridwan was nowhere to be seen.