30

×DONT PLAY SONG UNTIL ASKED TO×

T H E large marble staircase, wound down into the large ballroom. At the end of which, was a small platform arranged. The red velvet carpet, covered the staircase, flowing all the way to the glass stage. Upon which, was a large floral arch and a small table set under it. The room, decorated with the white baby breath flowers. Entwined with jasmines. The red roses adding a pop of colour into the decoration. The large double doors, had been opened. Leading off into the large rose garden at the back of the house. Where seats were arranged for the wedding ceremony. The pleasant March weather made everything look as if it was straight out of a fairytale.

Angelica was inside their bedroom. Still speechless at the wedding dresses Alexander had designed for her. There were two dresses, one for the ceremony, the other, for the reception. The wedding dress, was a proper gown. Not an elaborate ball gown with layers of gauze underneath. But something similar, more refined and contained. The dress had faux white feathers and Swarozski crystals. The deep neckline, fitted sleeves that were softly ruffled at the ends. The belt, cinched her waist, elaborating the flow of the gown itself. Her make up was natural and light, her hair down in soft waves. A beautiful net veil on her head.

 A beautiful net veil on her head

She smiled at Raina and Ginny. Her two bridesmaids.
"You look wonderful!" Raina hugged her.
"So stunning dear sister!" Ginny kissed her cheek.
Angelica smiled, hugging her best friend and sister. Thanking her stars for providing her with the two.

When they had first discovered that she was the child of George, Ginny's happiness had had no bounds. She was super ecstatic to be related to her. And the fact that the two of them got along, was even more of a reason for her to be happy.

"Its time!" Ginny smiled.
Opening the doors of her room. Leading her outside. To the staircase where her father waited for her.

"Are you ready?" George held tears inside of his eyes.
His daughter, whom he has seldom seen, had grown so much. Angelica nodded her head. Kissing his cheek softly. Resting her hand in his, as he led her down the stairs. Raina and Ginny managing her train.

In the garden, Alexander stood with the officiant. His eyes looking at all the people that sat to witness their marriage. They were mostly his business partners. Other than Ralph and Ray, no one from Angelica's adopted family or anyone related to them was invited.

He fiddled with the ends of his tux again. Touching his bow tie time and time again. Waiting for the orchestra to being playing. His eyes, stared at the stairs. Waiting for her form to arrive infront of him.

And then, he heard it. The softest of strings of a violin began to move. The piano and flute following suit as the doors were thrown open wide. Alexander felt his breath get stuck in his throat. Tears filled his eyes as he saw Angelica walk down the stairs. Towards him.