13

T I P P I N G her half full wine glass, Angelica smirked. The devil in her finally beginning to surface. A plan conjuring in her head. She had not planned to meet them so soon. But seemed as if god wanted it. And so who was she to deny them the pleasure of her presence?

Smiling at Alexander, she stood up. Grabbing a nearby chair and dragging it to the table her siblings were seated on. She set the chair next to her eldest sister, the one whose husband was the reason of her becoming who she was.

The Roosevelt siblings were shocked. The audacity that someone had to come and sit with them, that too uninvited. They had yet to see the face of the invader. Smirking to herself, Angelica turned on her feet. Taking a sip out of the crystal glass. Painting a regal image.

"Why hello there siblings!" Her soft voice echoed in their ears.
Taking a seat, she brought one of her legs on top of the other, letting her leg peek through the slit.
"Did you miss me?" She smirked.
Their faces turned pale. As if a ghost had come to haunt them.

"A-Angel!" Steve was the first one to gain his consciousness back.
"Why yes dear brother!" Placing the glass firmly on the lavishly decorated table, she leaned in.
"It's Angelica to you all!" Her voice full of venom.
"What are you doing here?" Rosamund inquired, her voice sharp.
Turning to her side, she pushed her hair to one side. Revealing the faded remnants of a hickey that she had forgotten to conceal.
"Why Mrs.Jacob I never knew your husband was the owner of New York. Last time I checked, its a free country!" Lifting her glass in her direction.

Angelica leaned back in her chair. Seeing their shaken faces, she decided it was enough. They had to wait to see her cards unfold.
"Still a slut!" Riley and Melissa spoke, unanimously.
Angelica turned around. Her eyes red with fury. It seemed, these little twat of siblings did not wish to see a way out of their problems.
"Why do you say that?" Angelica feigned innocence.
No one made a move that she had not anticipated.

Her moving her hair to the side was a planned move. Although, not hiding the hickey, was not. Oh well! She would not have been so successful if she did not know how to use her weakness as an advantage.

"You're proudly sporting a hickey! Disgusting!" Melissa continued the holier than thou act.
"What is my fault if my husband and I live passionate lives unlike you?" Her eyes gazing into her soul.

All four of them were shocked to see that her once warmth filled orbs had a coldness. They were steely. Looking at them with a disdain, that they believed was impossible for Angelica to hold.

"Husband?" Rosamund questioned.
Angelica nodded. Lifting her hand in the air for them to see. The big, shiny ring on her left ring finger and the band attached, indicated that she was telling the truth.
"You did not think important enough to invite mum and dad?" Steve was baffled.
None of them could have gotten married without their parents blessings. What made their dear sister think she could do it?
"I think she married an old man. So that when he dies she can take over her wealth!" Riley sneered.
"One dear sister, our parents have disowned me. Two dear brother, I think marrying an older woman is more your style!"
It was a popular news. Riley had married an old woman called Rue. She was the heir to a huge industry. But had not gotten married. Only Riley, had the guts to marry the eccentric fifty-three years old.

"Ma'am your dinner is served!" A waiter walked over to Angelica.
She nodded. Ignoring her siblings. Angelica walked slowly to the dark corner she was sitting in. Away from the eyes of the audience. Angel smiled on seeing Alexander's amused face. Pecking his lips, she scooted her chair next to him. The circular table making it possible to sit side by side.