1 2

B L U S H coated her cheeks as the memories of last night rushed into her mind. Her husband was a man full of creativity when it came to their nightlife. He was as romantic as they get. The exact epitome of the men she read about in books and dreamed off. He was her real life Rhysand*. Every time she looked at him, her heart became full. Full of love and adoration.

Angelica was happy. Content. And yet a part of her was empty. The part that yearned to have parents that loved her. For siblings who cherished her. Perhaps, to have this wonderful man, she had to sacrifice all that. And if that was the case, she would do it a thousand times more.

Waking up at seven am, Angelica headed into the large shower, quickly rinsing off, she wore her gym wear. It had been many days since she had worked out. The move was enough exercise for her. And now almost a week later she walked into the large at home gym. Starting her long daily work out.

It began with a few warm ups. A three mile run on the treadmill. She then rotated between lunges, crunches squats and push ups. Finally, coming to the sand bag. Perfecting her boxing skills.

Angelica was trained to use different kinds of guns. She had practiced with one of the most famous fighters. Her training was tough. With many days of her thinking whether it was all worth it or not. But in the end, it could not be ignored that this was all for her own safety. She was used to such training since she was a young girl. Only gaining intensity once she was disowned.

Her favourite though was the art of throwing knives. Nothing was more satisfying than the thin blades whooshing through the air, falling at the set target. To Angelica, it was an art that most had struggled to perfect over the years. Luckily, she was taught by the best of people. Allowing her to master this art.

"Miss breakfast is ready!" Bruce knocked on their bedroom door.
"I am coming Bruce!" She replied.
Coating her lashes one last time with mascara. Today, she was going to finalise the location for her office. The property was located right opposite her sister's boutique. And was in a part of the city where no makeup brand was located in the form of a showroom. Angelica had decided to buy the whole building. Renovating the top half as her office while the ground floor would serve as a in-person store.

Angelica had donned a bright green jumpsuit for the occasion. It had a deep v-neck. The waist fitted to her and then flared out into pants. Hurriedly wearing her white heels, Angelica grabbed her Gucci handbag.

Her steps could be heard from a distance

Her steps could be heard from a distance. As she fastly ran on the stairs. A dangerous habit. Nevertheless, a hard one to get rid of. She missed the last step, slipping on air, Angelica closed her eyes. Imagining the fall that was to come.

"Angel watch your step!" Alexander who had caught hold of her, reprimanded.
Her slender body fit inside his large hands perfectly. He brought her closer to himself. Her face under the careful scrutiny of his moss coloured orbs. A gentle smile gracing his face as Angelina closed her eyes. Breathless.
"So breathtaking!" Whispering in her ears, he leaned in for a kiss.

Their lips entangled as Alexander allowed his hands to travel down her back. Squeezing her behind, his hands made way to her thick hair. Pushing them aside, grabbing a hold of her swan like neck. He tilted her face, his tounge swiping across her bottom lip, gaining entrance to her mouth without any hesitance.

Their moment was short lived. The telephone in the gallery began to ring. Forcing the two apart. Bruce raced to pick up the call, meanwhile Angel found home in Alexander's broad chest. Hugging him as they entered the dining room.

"So what is on the agenda today?" Xander inquired.
Looking at his plate of pancakes as he added a generous squeeze of honey.
"We are finalising the property deal. I am then going to be looking for a team of interior designers." Her reply came without a moment of hesitation.
"Would you let my company do it? I would work on it myself!" He presented the idea.

Looking up at him. She was shocked. This was a man for whom most would give their lives for to have a few seconds. And yet he was begging her for the work.
"I guess that would be brilliant. Let me contact your assistant for a meeting". Angelica replied, her cheekiness peaking through from her facade of being a serious business woman. Her giggles could be heard from the foyer.

Alexander smiled at her. Before continuing with his breakfast. Making a mental note to let his assistant know about this meeting. His brain already conjuring up an image of the kind of office he would set up for her.

"Alexander?" Angelica waved her hand in front of his face.
"Yes sweetheart?" His attention focused solely on her.
She gave him a short toothy smile, breaking into a rant of what her first step was. Asking if he was free next week or not. As usual, he affirmed his free time. And even if he did not have any, he would always free up some for her.

Later that evening, as the yellows of the sky blended into the greys of the night, and stars peaked through the snow filled clouds. Snow had already graced the ground a few hours ago. Now it had finally stopped. The authorities had cleared up the ground, allowing traffic to move, unobstructed.

"Dinner at the newly opened chateau?" Angelica asked Alexander.
Her hand rested in his large palms. The two sitting in the back of the prestigious Rolls-Royce. Alexander has surprised her with dinner reservations at a new fine dine place in the Upper Manhatan.

It was a sort of congratulatory dinner from him. For her. For succeeding in whatever she wished to. And bagging the deal. He felt like the proudest man in the moment. He had seen her personal growth. From the shy woman into a huge boss woman. From sitting at the end of the room, to captivating everyone's senses when she spoke. Angelica had become a phenomenon. Unfortunately, the world did not know she was the face of such successful businesses. Instead, she chose to keep her life private. Even during meetings she would wear a mask. Hiding her identity.

Angelica was wearing a black, spaghetti strap gown. It was bedazzled with black sequins. And the v-neck gave a glimpse of her cleavage. The dress had a thigh high slit, letting the world have a glimpse of her perfectly toned legs. In her hands and neck, she wore delicate diamond pieces of jewellery. Which she had bought for herself. Her hair curled and fell on her back. Wearing black stiletto's she was ready to kill.

The thing about the particular gown that made Angelica fall in love was, the fact that there were pockets sewn in

The car stopped infront of a luxurious looking building. Angelica and Alexander stepped out of the car. With Alexander's hand resting on her lower back. The two crossed the long line. Getting an entrance straight away. All a result of Alexander having booked a table two weeks prior and the fact that he was one of the stake holders of the place.

The two were seated immediately. The low lighting and glass chandeliers, added to the romantic atmosphere. No sooner had they been seated, that Angelica's eye caught sight of Melissa. Her elder sister. It meant that her siblings were all here.

Well what a surprise. She had never imagined that she would meet them in this way. A smirk forming. As she imagined what their reactions would be. Seeing her here. Back on the footsteps of their self proclaimed kingdom.

SHIT HITS THE FAN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER LOL