19

S T U N N E D was but a small word to describe how everybody felt. They were absolutely felt taken aback. At the behaviour of their youngest child and sibling. They had all imagined in their minds that they would fit into her life like a missing piece of puzzle. Their brains had failed to accept that time had passed. And that they had done nothing but subject her to cruelty. So much so, that she was made a tiny creature in her own eyes.

Fool her once, shame on you. Fool her twice, shame on her.

Angelica smirked seeing their fallen faces. Nothing was more satisfying than the frown etched on her sibling's faces. Melissa and Rosamund's neatly waxed brows pulled together in a frown. As they probably thought about how the tables had turned.

"Listen Angel, maybe we can talk this through?" Arnold pressed further.
He was not ready to let go. His daughter had the key to his happiness, and he would be a fool to let it go.
"How many times must I remind you, that it os Angelica. You lost the right to call me Angel the day you kicked me out!" A frown marred Angelica's face.

These people just did not know when to give up. The cherry on top, were the uncomfortable stares of her brother-in-law, who held no regard for his wife of many years.

"You may leave!" She huffed.
Standing up, she left the room. Not even waiting to see if Alexander was following her or not.
"I do not think that is possible. The snowstorm has caused all roads to be shut down!" Bruce told her, once she was in sight.

Angelica huffed. Just her luck. A snowstorm had to start now of all times. Apparently, there was no sign of it stopping soon and road travel had been prohibited.

"See Angel, even god wants us to be united!" Karen, who had followed her, spoke.
Angel turned around. A look of fury on her face as she ignored her mother. Only relaxing on seeing Alexander's form enter the corridor.
"Xander do you think there is any way we can have them sent? I really do not want their presence in our home. Please send them away". She kissed his cheek.

Alexander smiled at her. Gripping her waist. Pecking her lips. Not shying away from the fact that her mother was standing right there. Angelica gave him a shy smile. Heading upstairs. Her hand skimming along the railing as she made her way upstairs. Ready to get into one of her comfortably slip dresses.

"Mrs.Roosevelt I think my wife has made her stance clear. Please leave!" His face stoic.
Karen Roosevelt felt miserable. Why did she not have the right to stay here? It was after all her youngest daughters home.
"Why? It is my daughters home!" She cried in disbelief.
"A daughter, you have quite frankly disowned!" Alexander reminded her.

"Umm sir, there is no way that any car can drive in such downpour of snow. Its better if they stay!" Bruce whispered in his ear.

Alexander held Bruce in high regard. After his parents death, Bruce had served him, without making any money. Raising him like a father or grandfather would.

Nodding his head, he asked Bruce to show them the guest bedrooms, heading upstairs. To coax his wife.

"Angel?" He entered their giant bedroom.
Hearing no reply, he concluded that she was in the bathroom. And to him, it was not a shock seeing her their. Removing her makeup.
"Angel?" He tried to break her focus.
If there was one time she did not like to be disturbed, it was when she was doing things related to her skin.
"Yes?" She inquired.
Applying her facial cleanser, free of any scent, beginning her double cleanse routine.
"Your family has to stay. Unfortunately. There is a snowstorm. Driving in it is asking for death!" He convinced her.