25

velvety_vice Your welcome bestie ❤🤸🏻‍♀️

W A L K I N G to the chateau, they smiled at the manager of the restaurant. Who led them to their table, adding an extra chair on special requests. Their pristine white seats, were placed next to a large glass wall, showing off the golf course of the place. The chateau, was located inside a large club, where the elite gathered on the weekend to spend some time. The ladies, to gossip and the men to play golf and place bets.

"So Angel how have things been for you?" Ralph inquired.
His dark brown eyebrows, raised as he looked at his sister-in-law. The young, inquisitive woman that he had known her as was now a full butterfly. With nothing but power radiating off of her.
"Its been amazing actually. I've been busy buying land to make our in-person stores". Angelica replied with enthusiasm.
Her hands brushing aside the stray strands of her raven locks.

"Yeah, I've seen the billboard for the one in LA. Where are you opening the second one?" He sipped on his water.
Melissa, looked at the two with her mouth gaping. She had no idea that the two were in contact, much less know that they were this close.

"Its in New York. Right infront of Melissa and Rosamund's boutique!" She replied.
Her enthusiasm, shining through. Meanwhile, Melissa gulped hardly. This meant that their sister had kept a keen and close eye on them. Which also meant, she had seen things no one should have.

Angelica raised her finely plucked brows, passing Melissa a knowing smile.
"Maybe we should order first. I'm absolutely famished!" Alexander steered the conversation away.
Grabbing the menu booklet, he perched it infront of Angelica. The two flipping through at is they decided on what to have.

Melissa and Ralph, opened their own booklets. Ralph gripping the page tightly, feeling an anger at his wife for being a dumb fool. He wondered why she had not turned out like Angelica. Someone with street smarts. He genuinely loved her, but Melissa left no way to publicly embarrass him. Sometimes, he wished he could pack up and just leave. But he knew that would make him a coward. If divorce was the way to go, he needed solid proof before leaving the woman he had loved for almost a decade now.

"Can I have the baked salmon with asparagus and instead of the baked russet potatoes can we do french fries?" Angelica looked at the waiter.
A polite smile on her face, which he and Melissa took for flirtation.
"Anything for you beautiful lady!" He winked at her.
Grabbing the menus and walking away. Angelica looked at her husband.

Who was radiating anger. His brows were furrowed as he glared at the back of the man. Gripping her hand under the table with a tightness. Angelica grinned. A jealous Alexander was always fun to see. She leaned into him, kissing his jaw softly. The sweetness of her kiss melted him instantly. As he passed her a small smile. Kissing the tip of her nose.

"Angelica is there a reason as to why you wanted to meet up?" Ralph twirled his fork around the spaghetti.
Angelica, chewing on the juicy salmon, raised a finger. Wiping the sides of her mouth before continuing.
"Ofcourse. I just needed to give you something". Smiling at him, she took out the brown envelope from her bag.
Passing it over to him.
"Look at it once you're home". She sat back.
Sipping on the smooth champagne. Its chilled self bringing her nothing but peace.

The lunch continued on with silence. Everyone busy munching on their food. The flavours, heavenly. It was clear that Angelica knew her food choices well. When the waiter brought the bill out, Angelica smiled. Slapping her credit card down before Ralp and Alexander could.
"My treat!" She cheered.