•|𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁|•

"𝐈 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭-

"𝐈 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭-."
___________________________________________

-𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖑𝖆𝖍 𝖍𝖆𝖗𝖙-

I woke up with hot, salty tears rolling down my face.

The image of Cedric laying dead on a floor came flooding back into my mind- but oddly, that was the only thing I could remember. For some reason I believed I was asleep, that I fell asleep before dinner. But I couldn't shake the image of Cedric dead out of my head, and what was worse is that I didn't remember who killed him.

Or how he was killed.

So now I was sat on my bed, sobbing uncontrollably. I think I'm losing my mind, first Theodore was dead and now it's Cedric- I don't understand. I never did and I felt my heart sink to my stomach when I realized I never would. Nobody was going to give me answers, I was just going to have to stop letting my mind fuck with me.

My eyes shut, tears rolling out of them and I turned my body around on my stomach, burying my face into my pillows- and I screamed. I screamed as hard as I could, sobbing my heart out. Nothing made sense to me, everybody kept me in the dark. I was going to have to deal with whatever was happening in my hear, by myself.

For once, I didn't want to figure something out alone.

I'm scared. Two people were already dead inside of my mind, the image of their lifeless face staring back at me made my skin crawl and it also made a vile rise to my throat. I ran to the bathroom, stopping in front of my toilet and started to throw up. Everything that was in my stomach before, was now in the toilet and it disgusted me.

After I cleaned myself up and brushed my teeth, my watery eyes scanned my room and landed on the book in the library. Vampires. Blood.

Fucking think, Delilah.

Vampires are immortal- they don't die unless- my fingers flipped through pages of the book, landing on the sentence that stated they could only die if you ripped their head off from their body and burned it.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but I smashed a picture frame I had on my nightstand, and slipped a piece of glass in my pocket, strutting my way to dinner. This was, outside of my head, a horrible idea. But on the inside it seemed like if I got even a fraction of a weird, murderous look from anyone at my table, it would satisfy me.

The great hall was loud as usual, and I was still in my school uniform, looking at my friends who all seemed like they were in a deep conversation. Approaching their table, I knew I probably looked like a maniac.

"Lilah, how was your nap-." I cut Theodore off by reaching into my pocket and grabbing the piece of glass, his eyes went wide along with everybody else's. "Delilah, why are you holding a broken piece of glass?" His voice sounded angry, a tone I'd never heard before.

I didn't respond, only took the glass and pricked my finger.

Blood dripped down my finger almost instantly.

Pansy looked worried.

Draco and Theodore were grabbing something to clean my finger.

But not once did they act like it affected them in a way I thought it did.

Tears brimmed my eyes again, I really think I'm going insane. Why weren't they acting like they needed to suck me dry of my blood? Isn't that what Vampires do? They were supposed to not be able to control themselves, they were supposed to kill me because I was bleeding. Yet, all that was happening was me getting weird looks from people everywhere and Theodore lightly cleaning my finger to make it stop bleeding.

I turned my body around, searching the great hall only to be met with Cedrics eyes. My face instantly felt relief, because he was alive- but then it all faded because his eyes were- red.

But then they weren't.

And now he's getting up, approaching me.

"Delilah are you okay?" Maddie asked me, and I snapped my head at her, my eyes watering more as I looked down to see Draco and her hand touching. "Do you need some water-."

I shook my head, "I- I think somethings wrong with me." I nearly whispered, a tear slipping down my cheek at how frustrated I was. A stupid, humorless chuckle left my lips, "I actually thought-." I laughed again, turning around with tears rolling down my face. "You know, you bitches really know how to make someone go insane. Is this a joke to you? Do you enjoy watching me try to figure something out when all of you know?"

"Lilah what are you talking about?" Ethan spoke up, standing up from his seat when Cedric finally approached me and had a worried look on my face. "Nobody's-."

"You were dead," I pointed to Cedric, another tear falling over my bottom lid. "I don't- I have an image of you in my head, and you weren't alive. But I can't seem to remember who killed you or how you were killed-."

Theodore stood up, "Okay, that's enough Delilah. Nobody killed him-."

"Or they did," I cut him off, my lower lip quivering. "And somebody forced my brain to forget." I turned to Cedric, his face laced with worry. "And you? Why are you here? Because I'm bleeding? How'd you know I was bleeding-."

A hand was shoved over my mouth, and I was being physically forced out of the great hall. My eyes continued to water, Dracos familiar scent clouding my senses and by the time we were out of the great hall he was still holding onto me.

I didn't want him to touch me- it wasn't fair. "Let me go-." I sobbed, pushing away from him, looking at him with glossy eyes.

"Delilah, you need to understand-."

"Understand what!" I cried, my lip now shaking. "That you basically chose her over me?! What did I do wrong? I don't understand- My brain hurts, it feels like someone's playing with it and I have a pretty big feeling it's you." I blinked, more tears rolling down my porcelain skin. "I'm not doing this anymore."

His face seemed to be hurt- I really didn't care. He didn't get to be upset. He didn't get to be upset with me, when all I want right now was answers because I just made myself look like a fool back there. And it wasn't fair because it felt like I needed to make sure nobody I knew was a Vampire. Do I even realize how stupid I sound right now?

He stepped forward, I stepped backwards. "Doing what, Delilah. Nobody's playing with your mind, nobody's making you forget."

Another sob escaped my lips, but that wasn't what made my heart sink.

He never once denied that he didn't choose Maddie over me.

-

-

-