Just a Reminder

Callista's POV

It wasn't something I wanted to ever really talk about nor was it something I thought he'd care to even ask about. I didn't know what he was going to ask but that's the last thing I thought would come out of his mouth in this very moment.

I hated saying every bit of it but mainly the parts that hurt me the most.

We had good moments where it was just the two of us. Where we kissed and it felt amazing, the flirting, the sex, and even the playful banter we had. I couldn't say he hated me entirely because what person would do all that with someone they hated.

I knew what hate was like. I experienced it for years. This wasn't the same and the look in his eyes showed me even further it wasn't.

I didn't know what it was though, he looked bothered even saddened by every word that came out of my mouth. I felt awful.

"Look, I'm sorry-" cutting me off, his words rushed out of his mouth as he sniffled and looked directly back up at me wiping that look off of his face.

"Your turn."

And in a switch of tone and pace, I tried to reach for a question in my mind that would get rid of all this quiet awkwardness between us. I could tell my answer still stung and I couldn't remove that thought from my own head.

In a way he deserved to feel the same way I had felt numerous times, maybe even worse but this was suppose to be a fun night to a shitty happening.

Grabbing the neck of the bottle, I bring it up to my lips and tilt it upwards with my head following downwards. Letting the warm liquid seep into my lips and down my throat. Every bit of it burning inside of me, consuming my kidneys and chest.

I continue to chug down more of the bottle leaving just enough for him to have one last final drink out of before we start another bottle.

Pulling the bottle away and tilting my head back up to his way, he had an eyebrow cocked up and arched while his lips formed a tight line. I laugh to myself and wipe the remnants off of my lips with my fingers before reaching out to hand him the bottle.

"Let's kick the game up a notch, shall we?" I smirked playfully at him making his head turn and glare at me.

Grasping the bottle from my hand, he places the bottle in his lap while he scans the entirety of me.

Tilting his head and narrowing his eyes, he places his hands on his knees. "And what do you have in mind exactly because so far this game is shit."

Rolling my eyes harshly to the back of my head—I swear I could see my brain— I sighed and threw a smile onto my face.

"Drink up. We're going to be completely drunk and go for more out of the box questions."

He shifted in his seat with an uneasy look on his face but with a questionable look. I'm sure he was trying to decipher what I meant by "more out of the box questions."

Leaning forward and pulling my legs back behind me, I planted my hands flat against the couch cushion and crawled a few steps forward to him.

His eyes peaked over at me as he watched me somewhat seductively crawl my way to him before clearing his throat and grasping the bottle in a haste.

Drawing it back and gulping down as much as he could before bringing it back down into his lap where I immediately took it from him in a surprise.

"And there's no holding back, Theo."

Being close to his face feeling the heat radiate from his skin, the smell of hard liquor touching his tongue and coating his breath— he was starting to look disheveled by the way his curls displayed themselves and his eyes tore into mine with what I'd say is inner peace.