October 5th

**mention of suicide and abuse**

Water flowing down the cream tile walls, pattering of it hitting the bottom of the bathtub. Cold air seeping in from the half open black curtain, faint music coming from the bedroom and the now brisk cold water hitting Callista's porcelain skin. Laying at the bottom of the tub with her eyes closed and curled up holding her legs to her chest, and short faint sniffling.

The ringing of her phone that's been going off for over an hour, still not being answered. Orange wet hair sticking to the sides of the tub, skin ice cold like Edward Cullen, her back rising and falling with each short breath she took. Lips cracked and pale pink, choking on her weakening sobs, "It's all my fault...I shouldn't have left her."

"I can't undo what's been done." Choking back her words. "I'm so sorry mom. I'm so sorry." Tears escaping her tightly shut eyelids, streaming down her face and her body trembling from the harsh sobs she's holding back.

One year. One year ago on this day Callista walked into her childhood home to see her mom laying on the bathroom floor, breathless and no heartbeat. For one year, she's blamed herself for the whole thing.

"I left her...I left her with that piece of shit." Goosebumps forming on every inch of her naked skin, shivering and pulling her arms tighter around herself.

"She would still be here if I hadn't left." Sobs that she's been holding back erupts through her and leaves her mouth. The buzzing of her phone going off again, vibrations shifting the phone to fall off the counter and hit the floor.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Callista flinched, pausing her sobs as she heard someone pounding against her front door. "Callista, I know you're in there! Open this fucking door before I kick it down!" A mans yelling was heard faintly from the bottom of the shower she was in.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

"Callista, you have about five seconds before I tear this door down." Not moving an inch, Callista lays still and quietly at the bottom of the tub.

"5...4..." The deep mans voice begins counting down, still not moving an inch, Callista closes her eyes again, tears dropping from the sides.

"3...Callista really...2"

She didn't hear the man yell one, instead she heard the door slamming against the wall. Heavy footsteps walking along her hardwood floor, she hears the radio that was softly playing music in her room go silent.

"Callista? Callista!" Footsteps getting closer, hardwood floor creaking beneath his steps. Callista grips her arms tighter, digging her nails into her skin hoping it'll save her from whomever it was and from her own mind.

"Callista, are you in here?" The mans once raspy voice now softening , echoing around the bathroom. Opening her eyes slowly as the shower curtain was pulled away abruptly, revealing her naked cold body laying in the tub, she looks up to see a familiar but unexpected face...

'Theo'

"Wh-what are you doing he-" Teeth chattering within each word she spoke. "Pansy called Draco asking...well threatening me, to come check up on you." He sighs as he looks at her, bending down to turn the water off before turning around to search the bathroom for something to cover her up with.

"She told me you'd be upset but..." cutting himself off, he pulls a silk robe off the bathroom sink and turns back around to Callista. "But I wasn't expecting this." His voice soft but deep, he kneels down beside the tub and reaches his hand out to her.

"Come on, let's get out of this tub. You're shivering." Callista looks up, meeting his eyes and in that moment she thought she saw an angel. With the glow of the lights framing around his head perfectly, intertwining with his loose curls sticking up, she thought she might have been in heaven.