Chapter 40

“Loved you yesterday, love you still, always have, always will.” – Elaine Davis

Roman.

Adam occupies the seat beside me, crossing his legs on the footstool with his right arm spread broadly on the couch. "She looks alot like you, Rome. Even how she acts." His eyes are glued to the football game displayed on the flat-screen TV.

I shrugged and replied, ''At least she didn't inherit bad things from me."

Elias suddenly roars in laughter, and I wonder what's so funny that he's laughing about. "I've never heard of a playgirl."

"You haven't seen one so don't judge."

I glared at Adam who was smiling back at me. He knows what he's doing and I'm just going to give him what he deserves.

I stated, "You know too well I've dropped the role of a playboy a decade ago."

"I don't think that's in the list of possibilities." He disagrees.

I shook my head in denial, "I'm serious guys." I pause to see their reaction, Adam's face looks stunned and of course, it's only going to be Elias that will slap my neck, thinking it's just for play.

The hell it's funny.

"Who's the poor girl that doesn't know the weather changes every night?"

I mentally facepalm. Is he serious? They are not taking it seriously, even Adam, the oldest among us, even if it's within months he seems smarter than us. He hadn't said anything yet so I pressed on.

"Her name's Eve if you may ask." I bubbled, dreamily. "She's more than beautiful, a treasure to me, she's kind and cool, if you see her yo-" I was slapped again in the neck.

"Guy, would you stop that!" I snapped at Elias who winked at me.

"Man, you're whipped." I curve to Adam, unable to believe my ears.

''I'm not.", I stated simply. Can't they just get it? "Why would you think that? I'm in... " My voice levels down to a whisper, "I'm in love with her. "

I thought they were going to take my words but...

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.

"What did you drink?" Adam pursed his lips, repositioning himself on the cushion. I slap my forehead, hard.

The hell of friends I have.

''I'll get the lie detector.", I pull Elias back to the sofa and grit my teeth.

"Guy I'm not whipped neither have I been drinking. I've changed!" I made a stern face this time with my business tone that means jokes aside now.

I internally smirk when I saw Elias's face slowly turning to a very serious one. He gaped at me with his jaw slacked, I can fully see the view of his mouth.
Adam paused the football show in the background. Thank God.

Not like you two never played girls before.

"I'm in love with her." My palm goes to my chest.

Suddenly Elias clears his throat, leaning forward with folded palms. "This is serious."

"Jokes aside, I'm beginning to have feelings for her."I confess.

"So, this is the right time to tell us this." Adam remarks with sarcasm laced in his deep voice. A bored look took over the shock expression on his face.

"I'm telling you guys now okay? You gotta understand everything changes in life."

I thought Elias was going to agree with me but... Elias is unpredictable. "Mm-hm, but it's unbelievable for a playboy like Rome to change... In life, especially what he's used to."

"As we were saying." I ignore his statement because it will be pointless arguing with him, I also want him to know I'm not even affected by his words. "where was I? Uh-"

"She's-"

I click my finger in the air,"Oh yeah... I'm a little shy 'bout this but I haven't introduced her to Royalty but I know I'll have to do it soon."

Adam nods in understanding, all praise goes to God because he's listening this time and taking it quite frankly, "So when are you gonna do that? When you've got grandkids?"

I sigh, swinging my head's side to side to prove him wrong."I don't wanna do that now, I want our relationship to go deeper than this then... Ya know? And hm-mm, I don't want her to find out from someone else." I scrunch my nose in an irritating manner at my last two words. The room suddenly got quiet like I was making an interesting speech about my love life. I looked between the two of them, they were expecting me to continue with the story.

"I saw her two weeks ago." I breathe.