Chapter 24

Dedicated to Ore_heemah; you are doing well 😉

"The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature."  – Prevost Abbe

"I didn't mean to yell at- I didn't mean to say that okay?" he murmurs, coming to me.

"It's okay... I was being naughty"

He pinched the bridge of his nose,"Where do you want to go?"

*.       *.        *.         *.        *.      *.

I don't like how she's staring at my daddy like I'm not here. Seriously?

She was focused on my dad, all this while and guess what she even did, she intentionally bent down to show off her... I don't know what that is but-

It's so naughty of her!

"Um... Mr Black what can I offer you?"

My dad looked up from his phone, his face displaying his normal bored look. But then... It took me completely by surprise when he smirked at her. I feel like throwing up when he even winked at her. Wait, am I dust? Or am I that tiny to be noticed? My shaking fists were curled into balls, the more they maintained eye contact at each other, the more angry I became. I've never been this angry at someone before. Even at Grace.

Dad suddenly points at me,"Whatever she chooses."

I imitated him and winked at her only to have her roll her eyes at me.

"I'll love to see that again." His voice rose, it made me shiver but then I realized, he isn't mad at me but at the waitress. I mentally rolled my eyes, gauging the food menu in front.

"Uh... I'll go with THIS!" I pointed at a word on the menu and looked up at the lady who kept on and on eyeing daddy.

It's so naughty of her.
"Is that all baby?" Daddy asks me while I just nodded with a smile.
He just called me his baby.

"Damn lady, you wouldn't want to lose your job. My kid's here!" He lashed out on the waitress who, to be exact, was shocked to the core.

Oh you never see anything. At all.

She took to her heels, increasing the length of the smile on my lips. Daddy's mine and no one else.

"Mi niña, why are you smiling?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You called me baby." Giggles erupt my lip. I noticed the slight frown on his face but it was quickly covered so I added, "And I don't like her."

"Eh-em." He clears his throat, completely shutting me up so I just waited for my food to arrive. My second best friend

"Sorry." I apologize because he had not said anything else. "Daddy, I said I'm sorry."

His groan rang in my ear, "that word's your buddy? Can't you just do without saying that for a day? I'm sure you got that from your mom."

My mom

I've never had that word from dad before.

As he said those words, something came to my mind and I don't want to lose.

"Daddy, don't be mad at me but can I ask you a question?"