Chapter 14

There's no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do-
                                      Jerome K. Jerome

Royalty

My back hits the floor, hard releasing a loud thud in the room when she proceeds in locking the door before turning her scary and fury eyes at me. I fisted her bedsheet as she came closer and closer to me. I shut my eyes unwanting to see her face; her angry and annoying face. I never knew Grace would come to this extent, locking her door to deal mercilessly with me. She had dragged me violently from the backyard taking the advantage that she was the stronger one.

"Now escape." Anger, sarcasm and disgust laced her voice.

"Let me go!"
I can't count the times I've said those three words but it's of no use, she doesn't understand what that means. She just want to do what she wants to, hurt me.

She just sat on the bed, once again ignoring my protests and facing me with hatred in her eyes.

Why does she hates me to this extent?

My lips starts to quiver when she got hold of my palm, bending each of my fingers while I yelp in pain.

"I hate you so much "

But I could not reply her, because I don't hate her, do I? Even if I don't like her guts that doesn't make me to hate her like she hates me. Perhaps, I don't want to hate anyone since I already have someone that hates me that anything, isn't that even enough?

"You don't have to tell me, action speaks." My head almost cracked as it forcefully turned sideways, my cheeks starts tingling and my eyes already doing it's torture; pumping in water but I refuse and fought not to cry. She will take advantage of that also.

I was pushed away from the bed again, Grace was using all her energy and strength to push me to the ground and me landing on my knee. My knee increased the pain more, both physically and emotionally. I can't even recall having a knee injury and now the blood I was avoiding came rushing like waterfall without pity and rushes profusely.

"Haha. Look who's gotten injured." She mocks, proud of her work.

My heart picked race as I start to pant, heavily.

No

I hid the injured knee behind my palm even if it couldn't cover the whole part, the blood was staining my palm. I looked at her with pleading eyes to let go, at least she should be scared because of the blood but nothing, nothing could get into her head right now, she wants to do what she'd been meaning to do all this while, to her it will be an achievement.

She made her way to me without looking away from my palm, stained with blood and covering my knee.

"I'll tell on you if you come nearer." I tell her but you see, being deaf isn't a good thing, she just smirks and moved forward like she was daring me.

"Stop." I covered my eyes, my heart will rip out my chest anytime soon.

"Ahhh!" I screamed my voice out not caring if I was going to lose my voice or not but I'm doing it to save myself.

As soon as I screamed, I felt silent. Wait... Did I turn deaf or...

"Royalty."
The tears I've been fighting back started rushing than my bleeding knee. I was defeated. The voice I just heard... That called my name isn't just any voice, I don't know what to do  when the voice said another words, I was scared to see the brown angry eyes "Royalty look at me now!"