Chapter 36

You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart.

Royalty.

"You burnt it!" I cried out, glaring at the now black pot in my front in anger. I felt big arms, pulling me up from the counter

"I'm sorry baby... Was on a long call."
He sticks out his lower lip. "Don't cry and go wear your shoes." He helped me down, I ran to my room, feeling down, I wanted to make some snacks for Megan but it ended up burning.

I dashed down the stairs after finishing with my shoes and met dad stretching out my bag for me to take. I ran to the driver's seat of his sports car, I'm so happy I'll be driving today.

Yaaaaay!

"Sweet heart, whatcha doing?"

I pinned the car horn and laughed while doing it continuously.

"Don't you wanna go to school?"

I shook my head.

He stated, "Then let me drive."
My broad smile wiped off immediately, replaced with a frown. He lifted me and put me on passenger seat. I thought- he said- he was going to let me drive.

"You broke your promise."

He turns the key into its ignition, the car roared to life.

He muttered,"Yeah."

"You lied." I gasped in realization. "Am I going to drive next time?"

He shook his head, "it's too risky, I agreed the other time so you'll let me be."

Is he for real? But he promised.
I shut my mouth in defeat, looking through the window feeling bored for the rest of the ride that I didn't notice we were already in my school's parking lot till daddy interrupted my train of thoughts.

"Won't you give me a kiss?" He leans close to me. I pecked his cheeks while he did his on my cheeks, nose, forehead, hair, hand, my fingers respectively.

"Have fun at school, little one."

"Yeah bye!"
I skipped to my classroom. Once my eyes met Megan's, I felt sad that her strawberry cheesecake got burnt.

"You're late." She whines, after we exchanged hugs. I just shrugged, unwanting to tell her that we burnt her cheesecake.

"As a legend." I smirked at her, receiving an eye roll from her.

*. *. *. *. *
"Can I sit here?"
You don't have to ask.

"Sure." I replied, my face lightening up at the sight of Elroy, his expression mirrored with mine.

"I need to tell you something."

"Shoot."

It was taking forever for him to just spill, like he was internally debating whether to tell me or not but he has no idea I'm longing to know it.

"Say it. Fear not." I imitate dad's words.

"I like you." He blurts out.
My face broke into a grin uncontrollably, somehow I am feeling relieved about something.

"You- you do not like me back?"
That must be the reason he is so scared. We were actually having the same feeling.

"I like you."
Since I had told dad about this, I don't think it's bad right?

His scared face slowly turned into a grin.

"Okay then I- I just wanted to know, uhm bye." He packed his bag and scurried away with a little wave. I can't tell how much my cheeks hurt from smiling.

Hit that red star, follow me and also, what do you think about Roman and Royalty?