Chapter 29

Don't think about your past, not even about the people that doesn't like you
                                               -Roman

Roman.
For the first time in what feels like a decade, she actually looked into my deep honey eyes. I looked into her soul and noticed I've gotten her whole attention so I continued my speech,"don't think about your past, not even about the people that don't like you. I, on the other hand, was a fool that didn't think straight. But guess what mi niña?"

She always advertises her teeth when I call her that.

"I don't know, I'm bad at guessing." She shrugs, snuggling closer to my chest which vibrated due to her last words.

"Daddy's trying to do the best for you and..." Here comes nothing, I've ruined everything. Why do I have to spoil it now? I just held her in suspense for no particular reason.

But I'm feeling shy to say it... To her...but I want to overcome the shyness so I blurted out in a whisper, "He loves you."

She quickly released herself and inched a few inches away to get a better view of her face. If not for the situation we were in, it would have been funny because of her sharp outburst.

"You, you love me? You don't hate me?"

I tried my best not to frown when she said the opposite word. To be sincere, I never hated her but I just wanted her to know I had nothing to do with her.
I even feel stupid at that thought now, why had I not used my brain then?

But ever since she came into my life, everything turned upside down, completely. I was still 18 at college then when Liz announced that she was carrying my baby.

I gave her a bored, uninterested look while she kept on weeping uncontrollably. One very thing that is making my veins boil in rage.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" I asked her in annoyance, not like I actually care.

She got hold of my hand and placed it on her stomach while sniffing.

I quickly pulled my hand away and muttered, "what nonsense. We're in public and you're still-"

"I'm pregnant."

I blinked at her, getting restless to where this is leading to. How is that my business if she's pregnant or not?

"Okay, congratulations on your pregnancy and I'm not interested in hearing how you got it. I'm just feeling sympathy for the father."

I brushed past her immediately as those words left my mouth but unfortunately, I was pulled backwards with force and aggressiveness. Immediately, I was met with a very, VERY hard surface on my left cheek and I felt hot tingles on that cheek.

I snapped out of it when my baby poked my chest and giggled, "Royalty loves him more."

I smiled warmly at her and rubbed my forehead against hers. Happy, at this moment and I don't want it to end.

"No, I love you a ton."

"I love you a- a... I love you more than I love my food."

And that was the greatest thing I've ever heard in my life.
My happiest day.