Chapter 6

"Sadness is but a wall between two gardens."- Kahlil Gibran

Aunty Ana bolts to us, well Grace specifically that was now crouching and trying to catch her breath. She was enveloped into a hug by aunty Ana who didn't spare me a glance to check if I was okay or the most hurt.

"You." suddenly, she spun to me,
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" she seethes as Grace sobs harder, wetting her chest. Nothing escaped my mouth because if I say anything, there was no way she was going to believe what I was saying, no one is ever going to.

"She- she pushed me and pulled my hair." Her cries were the only thing you could hear, aunty Ana caressed her cheeks, massaging her now red scalp. Yeah, that one is worth it.

"Why did you do that Royalty? why do you always have to hurt my Gracie at the end of the day when you are always the first to pick up fights?"

"It wasn't Royalty's fault" Amber intervenes after staying quiet the whole while, I was even surprised that she spoke this time.

"I'm sorry Amber, that you witnessed this." Aunty Ana overlooked her remark and turned to me again, this time her eyes were now darkened, her face wasn't soft anymore like when Grace was speaking to her,"HOW DARE YOU LAY YOUR FILTHY HANDS ON MY DAUGHTER?"

My head suddenly cracked sideways forcefully as I began to feel tingles rising to my cheeks, a sob escaped my mouth, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I rubbed the spot where she had slapped me, her palms were really hard on my cheeks so it wouldn't be an astonishment if she left a mark there.

"Your dad should know about this..."

I immediately stopped rubbing my cheek as she said those word, it completely caught me off-guard that I almost lost the balance I was barely maintaining, my mind kept on repeating what I'd just heard, my lips and chins quakes at my worst nightmare, I really don't want my dad to get involved in this, I could do anything for her to just remove my dad out of the list but that can't happen, it was Grace's victory this time, what am I saying?

She had always won right from day one.

"No please Aunty Ana, please don't. I'm so sorry, I'll never lay my filthy hand on Grace, I promise and I won't break it. Just don't tell my dad." My bum collides with the ground for the very third time, there is no hope for me, there's no way I'm ever going to convince aunty Ana and she would end up agreeing. I ignored the pain, rushing throughout my body both internally and externally, mostly focusing my attention on Aunty Ana.

"You should've thought of that before laying your hand on my precious daughter, out of my sight!" I didn't miss the disgust tone she used when addressing me.

My palm went straight to my mouth as my sobs increased, my eyes and lips hurt to show how hard I have been crying. I scurried away, obeying her order.

It always has to be me, why? and now my dad is going to know about this. God please help me.

Grace,

She won't admit she was at fault, she started the fight in the first place and insulting me in front of her friend, things would have been different if she had said it in the absence of Amber but she had witnessed it all, she now knows I'm a burden and mistake to the people I was close with, add her to the list of people that knows Grace doesn't want me. Whether she doesn't understand how it hurts me when she tells every one of her friends about me and how much of a perfect mistake. I am, she enjoys it. Needless to say, she relaxes when I'm in vain or in pain.

I feel bad for admitting this, but I hate this cruel and wicked world. I wish Aunty Ana would always believe me in all I do, because she always does to Grace even if she knew she was lying or not, she always believes Grace all the time even if she knew how completely wrong she was. She knows that sometimes, I'm not the guilty one but Grace, still, she'll put the blame on me. She always backs up her daughter.