Chapter 18

I wish I could ignore you as you did.
- Anonymous

*Days later*

He stretched his palm out for me, expecting me to make contact with it which I did with a smile on.

"I don't know how to thank you doc."

"It's my job Black." he replies with a shrug. He lowered to Royalty's height. "Hey, little girl... you're ready to go home?"

"Yes." she replied blankly, squeezing my hand like she was scared again. I understand she couldn't stay here any longer.

Niall chuckled,"Okay, then..." he curved at me and might as well have noticed the confused look he received from royalty. "Ensure she eats healthy meals and stays hydrated."

My lips turned into a smirk, he doesn't have to tell me that Royalty has taken over my heart now, no space left for anyone else. That girl is something else. I captured her little hand in my big one and departed from our worst nightmare.

* * * * * * *

I didn't let Royalty step a foot into her school for like two days after she was discharged and I was able to spend most of my time with her by taking the days off from work to ensure she stays healthy.

And something that happens frequently, she keeps looking at me and when I catch her, she will quickly drift her gaze over me like she was staring at the ceiling. The first time she did that. I had to hold it in, I was amused when she did it when I was also helping her do some work. That girl really needs to learn some skills.

"I'm full." she pushed the empty plate away from her. I wasn't a bit surprised since I was getting used to her eating habit, eating almost two plates of food. She ate all of them in such a little amount of time.

fingers on my jaw. I wonder how

She chugged down the water I had given her and left the mug on the table before saying, "thank you daddy.''.

I smiled at her in response. I used to wonder where she got those manners from, probably because she doesn't want to be like her arrogant father. I shook away those thoughts from my head and instead, assisted her with her shoes.

"We're all set." We made our way to the garage while I was pondering about the car I should go with. I decided to go with my Lamborghini Veneno. I was trying to be a gentleman man with Royalty having opened the car door for her. She thinks I didn't notice the secret smile that crawled up her face when I did it.

The smirk that I also had wiped away instantly when I saw her through the rearview mirror, only God knows why she always chose the backseat, and it will always be the one behind me. I didn't take notice of that until last week, but now, my attention was drawn to her and learned a few things about her.

So now, I'm not going to see her for the rest of the ride, she hid herself from me and with that, I thought my day was ruined.

*. *. *. *. *
Royalty
"Bye daddy." I always say that to myself but today I said a bit loudly maybe he will reply me because of his change of actions towards me. Maybe he will change his 'good-bye' greetings too.
I slowly curved at him when I heard my name being called by his deep voice. With just a question in my mind.

Did he hear?

I didn't move a muscle when he leaned closer to me, aiming at my forehead. I wiped it if there would be any stain but I didn't feel or see any. I frowned as my legs turned to a statue, I squeezed my eyes shut, scared of what he was going to do to me. Water that I didn't fight or force back in escaped my eyes and as soon as it came out, I felt his lips touch my forehead.