.24.

TW: Needles/shots

When I entered the lab, I saw dad and uncle Bruce hunched over their respective work benches.

"Uncle Bucky said you wanted to see me," I said breaking the silence.

Both dad and uncle Bruce stopped what they were doing, and turned to look at me. In scary synchronization, they removed their googles and smiled.

"Hey Peter," Uncle Bruce said as he walked away from his desk towards me. He gave me a quick hug before leading me to a cleared off table. "I know your dad asked you this morning if you wanted to start receiving a testosterone shot and you agreed, but I just want to make sure again that that's what you want to do."

"Yes uncle Bruce that's what I want to do," I said with a smile.

"Ok then," he then gestured to the table, "have a seat."

I quickly hopped up onto the table, and began to swing my legs back and forth with excitement. I watched as uncle Bruce shuffled around different medical vials and bottles before stopping in front of one. Assuming it was the testosterone, I then watched him pull out a set of keys from his pockets to open one of the locker cabinets. Once opened, I saw him pull on a pair of gloves before grabbing a syringe. He closed the cabinet before heading back over to me with the syringe and testosterone in hand.

With a smile, uncle Bruce asked,"Alright Peter, you ready?"

"Absolutely."

With that he began to draw air into the syringe then, grabbing an alcohol wipe, wiped the top of the medication bottle. He then inserted the needle through the lid and into the medication, pushing the air from the syringe into the bottle. Uncle Bruce finally turned the bottle upside down, and drew out the dosage of testosterone. Pulling the syringe out of the medical bottle, he held the syringe pointing up in front of him.

I then realized that he was looking for air bubbles in the syringe. He began to flick the side of the syringe to get these bubbles to rise to the top. When the dosage was finally bubble-free, he slowly depressed the plunger to force the air at the top of the syringe out, stopping when he saw a tiny drop of medication come out of the tip of the syringe.

I watched as uncle Bruce grabbed another sterile alcohol pad before heading over to me. He asked me to roll up my shirt sleeves so I did as  told. He then wiped the area around my upper arm. He threw the the alcohol pad into the trash with the other one before continuing. He held the loaded syringe at a 90-degree angle above my upper arm. With one last smile for reassurance, he quickly plunged it into my arm. Before depressing the plunger, he drew back on it slightly. Then I watched as he slowly injected the testosterone into me. Once he  fully depressed the plunger, he slowly pulled the needle out before grabbing a cotton swab and pressing it around the injection site. Finally, he properly disposed of the needle before he pulled out a regular plain band aid and put it on my arm.

"There you fo kiddo, your first testosterone shot," dad said walking to the front of me smiling wide.

I was smiling just as wide as dad if not more.

"Alright now Peter," uncle Bruce started as he helped me off the table. "Every 2 weeks you should come down here to the lab so I can give you your shot. Don't try to do it on your own just wait for me ok?"

I agreed.

"Now kiddo," dad said leading me to the elevator, "I want to talk to you about something."

And now we panic.

A/N: sorry that this chapter isn't as long as the last one but hey, at least it didn't take me 6 months to update it.