20: June Wedding

(play the song)

Okay, this is it. I was rushed into the venue by Caroline so that I could get dressed and ready. Elena helped me do my hair and makeup.

I ended up going for the column-style dress that Bonnie recommended. Adira and Airis were in the guest room that the venue had so that they could get ready aswell.

"Wanda, have you seen my shoes?" I yelled out.
"No, but I promise I'll find them!"

I sighed and Caroline walked in, "Okay, the cake will be here in a few hours. The food will be here in around two hours. Annnddd they sent the fruit platters to the wrong location"

I pointed towards the bottle of bourbon that was to my right. "No! I cannot drink until everything has worked out"

She walked out and the twins came in.
"What's up with her?" Adira asked.
"Wedding stuff gone wrong. You guys look so beautiful"

"Thanks. Oh and don't freak out but, dad is a mess"
"What do you mean?"
"He wrinkled his suit and the steamer they had in his room is broken" Airis explained.

"Are you serious!?" Elena yelled. "It took me two hours to steam that! Andrea, I really don't know why you're marrying this guy" She huffed.

We laughed and sent Damon to go help him out. I was roaming the venue because Caroline said I need to sign some things for the decorations.

"Babe!" I heard Kai say, "Are these your shoes- Woah"
"No no no!" Caroline yelled, blocking his view. " You guys are not supposed to see eachother!"

"Oh calm down, I'm not even in my dress yet. But yes, Kai. Those are my shoes, thanks" I said, stepping infront of Caroline and grabbed the shoes from his hands.

I walked back into my room where Bonnie helped me put on my dress. "This is it, you know?"
"Stop- you're going to make me cry" I said.

Bonnie laughed. "It's just when I was growing up with you, I honestly never thought that I would be at your wedding day"
"I never thought I would make it past eighteen, Bon. I just really wish Jer was here" She comforted me as we sat in silence.

Then there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" I said; Brandon walked in.
"I'll let you guys talk" Bonnie walked out and gave me a last smile.

***

"What are you doing here?"
"Well Caroline had a few extra invitations so, she sent me one and plus, I wouldn't miss out on my brother's wedding"

"Does he know you're here?"
"Yeah, I checked in with him before I came in here"
"So what, you show up to my wedding and don't give me a hug?"

He laughed and came towards me and we hugged tightly. "You know what I realized?"
I hummed in response,
"You're going to be my sister-in-law"
"That sounds really weird" I laughed.

We pulled back, "The ceremony is about to start, I'll see you out there", I nodded and added some final touches to my look before Wanda came in.

"You ready?"
I let out a deep breath, "Yeah"
She opened up her arm and walked out with me.

***

The orchestra that Caroline hired started playing a simple melody as the twins started walking down and spreading flower petals on the floor and I was shortly behind as Wanda walked me down the isle. All the guests stood up and I look straight ahead to where Kai was standing.