14:everything comes to an end

(don't play the song just yet)

I drove back home with the flowers Caroline wanted. Turns out she wants the funeral to be tomorrow. "You're back. Did you get them?"
"Yeah, they're in the trunk and some are in the back seats"

Caroline hummed in response and went to get them. Stefan helped her carry the flowers inside as she had a clipboard in her hand, checking things off her list.

I entered the house and found it filled with a bunch of people that Caroline sent over to start organizing the ceremony and to decorate the church.

Police officers that worked with Liz were there aswell. Before I could say anything, Kai sped me upstairs into our room.

"Ok look. I was going to ask you a question and it might be the worst timing ever but-"
"Slow down" I said, holding my hand out.
"Marry me" He blurts out.

"Marry me?" I repeated. He turned around and started walking towards the other side of the room. "What are you doing?"
"Wait"

I watched as he lifted up the floor board and pulled out a bag. He shuffled through it until he found what he was looking for.

Kai walked towards me, holding out a little, black, velvet box. He opened it, revealing a ring made from white gold and a square diamond right in the middle.

My eyes widened as they flicker from the ring to Kai. "Andie, Caroline needs help with-" Damon entered only to see Kai down on his knee and me standing with my mouth wide open.

"Are you serious? You're doing this right now? I told you to take her out and then do it!" He whispered while looking at Kai.

"Wait- you knew he was going to propose?" I asked, pointing at the both of them.
"Yeah. Elena and I helped pick out the ring"

"Ok, Damon get out and forget you ever saw this" Kai said. Damon walked out and left me and Kai there again.

"So? What is it gonna be because I really didn't plan this out correc-"
"Yes" I cut him off.

"Yes what? As in "yes" you'll marry me or "yes" as in I didn't really plan this out?"
"Yes... I'll marry you" I chuckled, giving him a soft smile.

The smile he gave back lit up his whole face. Kai slipped the ring onto my left hand and stood up. I admired it as the diamond sparkled in the sliver of sun we stood in between of.

"You're shaking" I laughed, pointing at his hands.
"Well I'm marrying the girl of my dreams, of course I'm going to be shaking!"

I smiled, just enjoying the moment we were having. We figured that since the news might be insensitive at the time, we were going to tell everyone until next week.

I went downstairs, acting like if nothing happened and helped Caroline out with what she needed to do. The day went by slowly and for most of the time... it was silent.

After hours of organizing, everyone finally settled down in the living room. Damon offered to out the girls to bed.

"What's taking him so long?" Kai asked.
"He's probably telling them a bed time story"
"He does that?"
"Yeah, listen" I said, pointing to the twins' room.

"That was a horrible story, it didn't have a happy ending" Airis complained.
"Well not everyone gets a happy ending so, go to sleep before your mom yells at me"

"Okay, love you uncle Damon"
"Is that so? Well then I love you guys more. Beat that. Now actually, go to bed or I'll sell all your toys" Damon teased, turning off the light and closing the door.

He walked over to us in the living room. "Thanks Damon" I said, he nodded and sat with Elena. Caroline plopped over to me, laying her legs on my lap.

"You guy's should go to bed" She said,
"We're staying here with you"
"No, Stefan is with me. I'll be fine"

(play the song)

We all nodded and everyone headed to their rooms. Kai and I went up to ours and started getting ready for bed. I was putting away my jewelry when Kai stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"We're getting married" He whispered. I smiled at him, letting it sink in.
"I know" I turned around and faced him, he walked over to the record player I had on my desk and put on some music.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.
"We are practicing for our dance"

He held my waist as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You ready for this?"
"Of course I am"

"For the ceremony, I was thinking that Klaus could walk me down the isle and Bonnie would be my maid of honor; Then Caroline and Elena will stand next to me"
"And for me, Damon would be my best man, with Stefan standing next to me"

"Could Elijah marry us?"
"If you want, yeah" He chuckled.

"Do we want a big wedding?"
"A small one, just friends and family. The venue could be outside?"
"Whatever you want, babe" He said.

We stood there rocking back and forth in silence. Enjoying the peace and quiet while we slow danced to the song.

"This is how it will be, you know?" I hummed jn response.
"Me in a tux, and you would be in a beautiful white gown"

"Could you imagine that?" I asked.
"What?"
"Andrea Parker-Maximoff"

"You want my last name?" He looked me in the eye, a smile grew on his face. I nodded,
"Yeah, it actually sounds good" We laughed as he pulled me into a kiss.

I guess this is it.

Never thought I would ever get here but, look at me.

I'm getting married... to the love of my life.

a/n: hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. and suprise! Andie and Kai are engaged!! how do we feel about this? could anything go wrong? anyways, thank yall for all the support and love on this book and the previous one. bye!💓