18:it's not back to normal

*5 years later(the twins are now eleven)*

KAI'S POV:
"Just repeat what I say, okay?" The twins nodded and held my hands. The three of us began chanting the spell that Brandon and I have been working on for the last few years.

The red glow of the twins' magic wrapped around all of us as we stood across from Andrea's body. When we were done, I opened my eyes to see no change; It didn't work.

"When will it work, dad?" Airis asked,
"I'm not sure, honey. But we have to keep working on it in order to get your mom back, alright?" I replied.

"She's here" Elena said, I nodded and sent the girls away as I made my way to the front door of our new house. We gifted the Salvatore house to Caroline after we lost Stefan in the hell-fire.

She was determined to make a school for kids that are like the twins; Kids that are witches, vampires and werewolves.

"Freya, hey" I said, welcoming the Mikealson sister into the house.
"You guys are still working on the spell right?"
"Yeah, it's our fifth time trying but, it just seems like we're nowhere near getting her back"

She nodded and looked at the grimore's I had open on the table.
"There's only so much I can do; Have you tried this?"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*
*another five years later(the girls are about to turn sixteen)*

Adira has been acting out. I get it, she's gone through a lot and well, going through her teen years, I guess. We were informed that Hope recently lost her parents, Klaus and Hayley, along with Elijah.

At the Salvatore Borading school, monsters have been arriving for a special knife and Hope went on a mission with the twins but she put herself in danger and Adira was not happy about it.

She's been mad at Hope for a couple of weeks now. I made my way through the school hallways when I heard arguing.

ADIRA'S POV:
"Why? Why do you do that, Hope? Why do you feel the need to be so protective and save everyone?" I asked

"Because I'm a Mikealson. It's what I do!"
"You being a Mikealson doesn't mean anything! It's a last name!"
"Look, that monster can bring back many people, including your mom"

"Yeah? Well it could start with your dead mother, and end with your dead father. How about we add all the people that you killed in between, huh?"
"Don't do that-"
"What are going to do? Fight me?"

"I am a first generation Mikealson witch-"
"And I'm a Maximoff." I said, flashing my red eyes at her. "You really don't want to get into who is stronger"

"Adira", I turned around to see my dad coming our way, warning me to not go too far. I started walking back to my dorm, ignoring both him and Hope.
"Hey, I know you're going through a lot right now but the least you could do is be nice to Hope. She's like your cousin" He said, walking right behind me and following me upstairs.

BACK TO KAI'S POV:
She wouldn't stop walking away from me until we made it to her dorm where Airis was getting ready for lunch.

"Is she okay?" Airis whispered.
"Im fine" she anwsered,
"You know you can talk to me-"

"I said I'm fine!" Adira turned around and gripped her sister's shoulders tightly and siphoned her.
"Let your sister go, right now" I said sternly.

Adira wouldn't listen, she saw her sister groaning in pain and her knees became week; She left me with no other option.

"I said let her go" I came up behind Adira and grabbed her shoulders, siphoning her aswell. She gasped and stopped hurting her sister.

I kept going just to calm her down, it's isnt the first time I've had to siphon her to sleep. When she finally fell into my arms, I carried her to her bed and let her rest for a while.

"Are you okay?" I asked Airis. She nodded and blinked away some tears.
"I just want mom back" She said as I pulled her into a hug.
"I know, I do too"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I left the girls at school and went back to the house where Andrea's body is at. Wanda was in the room where we did all of the spells.

"Kai, I think... I think it's time to let her go", I turned to lool at her in shock, she bit her lip and held back some tears.

"But the girls, they need her-"
"It's been ten years. They're all grown up, Kai-"
"No. But I need her too"

Wanda's face softened. She pulled me into a hug and then let me go. We stayed there and then I sat next to the table where Andie was laid and grabbed her cold hand.

"You know, I really, really, wish you were here to tell me what to do". I let out a sigh and grabbed the grimore one, last, time.

I saw the red glow of magic from the corner of my eye and saw Wanda holding her hands out while they glistened. "One last time" she whispered.

We held eachother's hands and directed our attention back to Andrea.

I chanted the spell slowly and then started picking up the pace once Wanda started repeating it. I watched the candles' flames grow bigger and I closed my eyes.

The hanging lights started swinging back-and-forth as we chanted faster and louder. I heard the candles blow out and then a loud gasp.

"Are you okay?" I asked Wanda while we looked at eachother.
"That wasn't me" She whispered.

We looked down and saw Andrea breathing rapidly as her eyes darted everywhere around the room once the grey veins disappeared and she got her color back.

I quickly grabbed her and hugged her tightly as tears slipped out my eyes. Her hands traveled to my back and she panted.

"Dad! Alaric sent us home because Adira got in trouble again!" I heard Airis yell from the front door.
"Okay just uhm- just go to your room! I'll meet you there!"

"What are you doing?" Adira asked, I heard their footsteps steps come closer and closer to the room we were in. Then I heard the door knob turn.

"Wait-". They both enetered at the same time and noticed their mother in my arms.

Airis nudged her sister's arm, "Are you seeing this or is it just me?"

"No, that's- that's mom"

a/n: hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. I did say that there was going to be MAJOR time skips in last 'a/n' so don't say that i didnt warn you. how will the twins feel about having their mom back? will everything go back to normal? how is everyone else going to react? anyways, there will be just a few chapters left to this sequel. thank you so much for all the love and support; see you guys next time, bye yall!!💓