15: girl, its you

*dont play the song just yet*

After Liz's funeral, everything went by slowly. Kai and I told everyone about our engagement and surprisingly, everyone was happy and excited for it.

When you think about wedding planning, the first thought that probably comes to your head is: "Ok, well we have to plan this; No that's too expensive. Do you want that or this?".

Sure it's going to be exciting but you realize it's a promise. I promise to love this person forever; To respect them with all I have. To be loyal, kind, caring and, all that sappy stuff about love.

It somehow always ends up fake.

As I got ready to start the day, my thought process slowed down. You would think that since I'm engaged to the father of my children, I would be happy all the time and that my family is getting put together.

And its true... I am happy. But the thing that gets me off track a hit is that fact that, me? Having a normal life? Never going to happen.

I can't expect everything to go down like I want it to. I am supernatural for f--'s sake. There is no chance that my kids or me will be living a normal life.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Today I went dress shopping for the wedding with Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline. "Ok. What do you think?" I asked, coming out of the dressing room with a mermaid-style dress.

"It looks good!"
"It's really pretty" Bonnie agreed.
"It's... cute" Caroline said.

"Ok. 'Cute' is not convincing me Care. What do you not like?" I asked, turning to the mirror.
"I don't like the bottom"

DAMON'S POV:
We have a problem with some people we've dealt with in the past. "How long 'till the wicked-witch-of-the-west gets here?" I asked, Stefan and Kai were in the living room.

"Bonnie?" Stefan guessed, "She's with Andie, Caroline, and Elena looking for weddings dresses"

"No not her. Andrea is who I need to figure this out"
"What do you need to figure out?" Kai asked.
I groaned, "I'll explain when everyone gets back"

ANDIE'S POV:
We discussed more and then the three of them went to look for a dress they think I would like. Elena chose a ballgown style, Care chose an A-line style, and Bonnie chose a collumn style.

Nothing ended up pleasing all of us so we put the dress search on hold. I drove back to the Salvatore house.

"Ah, there you are"
"What's wrong now?" I asked.
"Guess who's back"

"I don't know and I don't really care"
"Travelers" Damon said.

I stopped in my tracks, turning to face him.
"Travelers? As in seven-years-ago travelers ?"
he hummed in response.

Damon explained to everyome the situation. He was out doing his own thing when he ran into the leader of the travelers.

"He said that we would regret everything we did to them. So, that's where you come in"
"What am I supposed to do?"
"Kill them. Duh"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

I tried my best to come up with a plan. Elena ended up calling Wanda for me so that she could help out. She arrived a little later and we went ober what I came up with.

The plan was to gather all the travelers in one place and slowy weaken them. Torture them, if you will and then kill them.

"So when is this all going down?" Stefan asked,
"Tomorrow"
"What? Why not right now?" Damon argued.
"Its eight at night. I'm not gonna waste the precious time of sleep to go kill witches"

I put the girls to bed and made my way back to the living room. Kai handed me a cup of bourbon and we all sat down on the couches, talking about random things.

"So how's the wedding planning?" Wanda asked.
"We... haven't evem started"
"Guys!" Caroline yelled.

"What! You're the wedding planner!"
"I am?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

I turned to look at Kai.
"You didn't tell her?"
"I thougth you were!"

(play the song)

We all laughed and kept talking until Caroline stopped us.
"Do you guys feel that?"Caroline sat up and scratched her arm.
"Guys" Bonnie warned, pointing at Elena's arm as dark veins flashed.

Everyone looked at eachother with the same veins going up our bodies. "Oh my god".
"Bonnie what is it?"
"The travelers, they're putting up the border all over again"

All of our eyes widened. We rushed to the cars and I quickly grabbed the girls, not caring about anything else.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Damon, you have to drive faster!"
"Im going as fast as I can!-"

Before I know it, the car explodes leading wveryone to jump out. My first instinct was to create a shield for the girls.

They were okay, thankfully. Elena was thrown over to the border, she tried getting up but water started gushing out of her mouth. She was dying all over again.

I groan as I stand up. I was outside the border, yelling at her to get out. Wanda stood with the girls.

"Elena get out of there! You can still make it!"

Kai noticed what was happening, he sped intk the border grabbing my sister and throwing her out. He also went to grab Stefan who had a blood coming from his abdomen.

Kai soon started to deteriorate, blood was starting to gush from his neck. Fear came over my body and I sped into the barrier.

I grabbed Stefan and tossed him out, then grabbed Kai who fell to the floor.

I sped out of there as fast as I could. I fell to my knees with Kai in my arms. Before I know it, the veins start crippling up his body.

"No no no no no no. No!" I yelled, the tears streaming down my face. I felt everyone's presence behind me, watching as I sob over Kai's body.

Then it clicked, I can take it. My hands traveled from his face to his shoulders, gripping tightly as I start chanting a spell. The red glow of my magic flowing around the both of us.

"What are you doing!?" Elena asked frantically, Bonnie knew what spell I was doing.

"Andrea, no! Stop it!" She yelled, I shook my head, wanting Kai to live. I gasp in discomfort as I start taking his pain away, transferring it to me.

Once I was done, Kai immediately woke up. I sighed in relief until I knew what was next. My vision started going blurry as I zone in and out of reality; Everything went black.

KAI'S POV:
I stared at Andrea confused as she falls into my arms. Her eyes watered, then I realized what she did. "No, no you didn't" I whispered, denying the fact that she just transferred my death into her.

She gave me a sad smile, the grey veins coming up her body. "I love you. My mirror, check behind my- my mirror" She breathed out.

"I love you" I whispered back, her eyes slowly closed. Her chest fell once more, never coming back up.

I start sobbing over her lifeless body, the grey veins now covered her entirely. I heard the sobs of her sister and friends behind me.

"Bonnie, please tell me you have the spell to bring people back" I said, expecting her to say yes.

"I lost it" She choked out. The little hope I had in me was gone. I can't get her back.

Or at least not now.

a/n: hey guys. i hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I know, its a very sad one. this story is coming to an end so it will have just a couple more chapters. so sorry i took this long to update. how will kai cope with andies death? will he ever get her back? thank you guys so much for the support on this story, i really appreciate it. again, so sorry for the sad chapter❤️‍🩹