17:helpless

I rushed downstairs.
"Elena, do you still have Brandon's number?"
"Uh-yeah, I think so. Why?"
"He can siphon the border"

Her eyes widened and she quickly unlocked her phone and went into her contacts. There it was. She called him and surprisingly, he answered.

"Hello?"
"Brandon"
"Kai?"

"Yeah. I need you to come to this adress right now"
Before he could say anything else, I hung up and sent the adress to him.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Someone knocked at the door and I opened it, revealing my twin brother.
"Ok so what am I doing here?" He asked,
"It's Andrea"
"Is she okay?"
"... She's dead" I whispered.

His face dropped. Brandon stepped forwards and embraced me with a hug. I stiffened at his touch but then I started to appreciate it.

I hugged him back as he patted my back. We pulled away.
"How can I help?"

I brought him into the living room and started explaining it to him; The things about the border, travelers, and spell and things we will need.

Before I could say anything else, the twins ran downstairs.
"Brandon?" They asked,
"Hey guys. Can I hug them?" He whispered, I nodded in response.

The girls came up to him,
"Are you here to get mommy back?"
"Yeah, I am. So, I'm going to help out your dad and how about you guys..." He looked around, "How about you guys go with auntie Wanda and practice some magic"

The  girls squealed and went up to their room with Wanda right behind them. We told everyone that we were heading back to Mystic Falls.

"Could you guys stay with the twins? I don't want them to know where we're going" I told Elena. She nodded and sat with Caroline and Bonnie.

"Oh Caroline, sorry for your loss" Brandon said, she nodded as a 'thank you' while I looked at him confused.

When we got in the car, I questioned him about it.
"How did you know about Caroline's mother?"
"Andrea didn't tell you?"
"Tell me what?"

"Well when she went to go buy flowers for the funeral, on her way back she stopped at a bar. I happen to be there. But that's pretty much it"

I hummed. Andrea saw Brandon the day I asked her to marry me.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

We got close to the border as I pulled over to the side of the road. I got out of the car first, Brandon following shortly behind.

"This is it?"
"Yeah"
"Why does it seem so... normal?"
"Well, it's not"

I put my hand in the border and immediately the sun started burning my skin even as I had my daylight ring on.

"Your turn" I said, gesturing past the 'Mystic Falls' sign. He huffed and walked in and kneeled down on the ground, sliding his hands into the dirt before taking a deap breath.

I watched as his hands gained an orange glow as he siphoned the border.
"It's done" He said, standing up and walking towards the me.

I put my hand in again; no burning. Both of us walked to the Salvatore house and as soon as we entered, flashbacks of Andie hit me in every inch of the house.

Then I remembered something, "My mirror. Check behind my mirror". Brandon called Elena and the rest to tell them that we could finally enter Mystic Falls and that we were at the Salvatore house. I ran upstairs to me and Andie's room and quickly searched for the mirror she was talking about.

When I found it, I hesitated to opening the secret pocket it had behind it. I shook it off and opened it, revealing her necklace that Wanda gave her and a ring with a matching stone on it. They  were labeled with a post-it. 'Twins' 16th birthday' I read.

But what took me by suprise was not only that, there was another ring; A male wedding band. My eyes watered at the sight of it as I grabbed the ring gently. When I put it on, I realized that she got my ring size correctly and I chuckled about how she remembered it at all.

There was a knock behind me.
"You okay?" Brandon asked, I turned around to face him.
"Yeah it's just, she told me to check something before she died and I found it. She had a gift for the girls' sixteenth birthday"

He stepped further into the room,
"You guys were married?" He asked,
"Sorry?"
"It's just I noticed the ring on your finger" He gestured towards my hand.

"Engaged, but, you know..."
"Yeah. I had a fiancé too"
"Had?"
"She died a couple months ago"
"I'm sorry. Can I ask how?"
"She was human, and then she stumbled across a vampire"

My eyes softened, "oh my god" I whispered under my breath. Brandon cleared his throat, "The other's are coming" He said, "You should probably meet them outside"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

After everyone arrived at the house, I went back to looking for the spell. "What are we even looking for?" Brandon asked, hovering over my shoulder.

"A resurrection spell"
"Didn't your witch friend Bonnie have it?"
"She lost it"
"Oh my god" He groaned.

"What?" Elena walked in.
"Kai, you realize that your looking for a spell that probably contains ten or more years of research?"
"Whay does that matter? We can find it in like- a week" Elena said.

"Look, this is witch business, Elena. Stay out of it"
"No. It's my sister who you guys are bringing back-"

"As a witch, we believe in the natural order of things" He said. "If you ask me, none of you should be alive right now. Not even Andrea; But obviously, here you are because of the crazy world we live in" He continued.

"And what does that have to do with anything?" I asked.
"There is no other side. The chance of bringing her back are incredibly slim, especially since she is a Maximoff witch. Is there any way that we could preserve her body?"

"Are you seriously saying that we have to preserve her body because of how long it's going to take in order to find the spell?

"Kai, it's either we keep her body preserved or she's gone... for good"

a/n: hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. There will only be a few parts left and I am warning you right now that there will be some major time skips! how do we think Kai feels about the info Brandon just told him? anyways, thank you so michq for 101 followers! ik its not a lot but i really appreciate it, thanks again. bye!💓

(kai & andie will get their happy ending, i promise)