"I love you too. I love you so much, Severus."

Sirius slammed his fist on the table, and you flinched, not expecting it from him. But as he saw your response, he sat back down in his chair, muttering sorry under his breath. He always argued with Severus, but since the professor decided to be a fool and broke your heart, rage took over him every time he looked at Severus.

"We need two more people on this mission."

Dumbledore announced, and you watched as Arthur volunteered to go on the mission. You knew no one was expecting you to go, as you always had been the silent one during the meeting, but you did not mind to go if there was nobody else.

Bill wanted to go, and Arthur promised to protect his son but Molly insisted for him to stay. She was just worried for her children, and there was no way she was letting any of them go on this particular mission, the one where nothing was clear and they would not know what was waiting for them.

"I will not allow my children to be on this mission. Not this one."

You chewed on your bottom lip, glancing at Remus and Sirius, both were focusing on Arthur and Molly who were starting to have a disagreement over their own opinion. You hated it when they fight. It could turn ugly and you despised it.

"I will go on this mission."

You volunteered, surprising everyone, looking at you with wide eyes. Remus and Sirius looked at each other, knowing you would do anything for the mission but it did not mean they were happy that you were taking a risk. On the other hand, Molly shook her head, when she said she wanted her children to be safe, you were included.

But even when everyone was staring at you, you could only notice the man who had your heart in his hands, Severus Snape. He had a frown on his face, and he opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Worry was evident in his eyes, but you could not care less, deciding to go and no one could change your mind.

"I will go."

You stared at the love of your life, mouth agape, as you could not find the right word to tell him how wretched you were. Severus' eyes were on you, and he wished he could look away, not wanting to see the misery in your pair of eyes that used to enchant him.

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

Your voice cracked, chuckling bitterly under your breath. You still could not believe you caught him going on a date with other woman, who was supposed to be his Potions assistant, but it seemed like she was more than just an assistant to him now.

"Forgive me, Y/N. I wanted to tell you the truth but—"

"But you were afraid of hurting me?"

You cut him off, keeping your tears at bay. You did not want to crumble and cry in front of him. You loved him, truly you did, but he was not being honest to you and it was too painful for you to bear.

"I don't want to hurt you."

He whispered, and you swallowed his words, realising how fragile you were in his eyes.

"You think so little of me, Severus."

You clenched your jaw, anger was bubbling in your chest. You felt so betrayed, and it was even more hurtful to think that he was no longer in love with you, but he stayed in the relationship, because he wanted to take care of you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. I fell out of love with you."

To hear him say it out loud was tearing your heart out of your chest. You wanted to forgive him, but then you realised there was no point of doing it, when he was no longer yours. His heart was hers now, and you were no one to him.