Chapter 5

Saranghae

Chapter 5

Selca Debut

We arrived at SME building early the next morning. We still had two hours before the conference but we had to get ready. I sat next to Ki as a woman fixed my makeup. I looked like myself but just better kept.

Darkness rimmed my eyes, my eyelashes were longer and carefully swept over the highs of my cheeks. I felt different.

I dropped my eyes. I'm wearing a red knitted sweater, it was partially see though due to the knitted pattern. The gave me a black leather jacket to wear over it, a black infinity scarf, some skinny jeans and black knee high boots. They gave me the cool look, which is not me. Ki wore a shiny black and silver sequin skirt, a black pencil skirt. They gave our band that look. A somewhat cool girl, bad girl look. Its weird.

Music played in the background. It was an EXO song. Which was understandable. This is the SM building. It was XOXO. I looked over to see Ki mumbling the rap part. I patted my fingers against my lap. Most of the girls were out,  already waiting. Ki and I were the only ones left behind. Then it was just me. My face is too American for them. They didn't know how to do my makeup at first and they struggled with how thick my hair was.  The girl fixed my eye liner. It was cold and weird. I squirmed away.

"You have to be still to get it right." A voice said. The voice definately came from a guy. I looked up in the mirror.  My eyes widened Baekhyun and Sehun stood behind me. My jaw dropped.

"Cry baby!" Sehun exclaimed as he sat in the seat next to me. Baekhyun shooed the girl doing my eyeliner away and took the pencil himself. My blood ran cold.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. My voice was quiet but everything in me is not.

"Hola Vomit girl." Baekhyun said and my cheeks burned with embarrassment. Sehun elbowed him. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and uncapped the liner. "Look over here." He told me. I did so, this is so weird.

His cold fingers touched my jaw as he lifted my chin up. "Well we have practice today." Sehun explained. "You guys are getting introduced right?" He asked. "I saw the interviewers." He said smiling. I paled.

"Is there a lot?" My voice came out in a whisper, Baekhyun snapped his fingers in front of my face. I snapped back up. He motioned me to close my eyes. I felt the liquid above my lashes then a small flick.

"So and so." Sehun answered absently. I opened my eyes. It looked identical to the other the other girl did. He capped it and smirked. It frightened me how well the stereotype was to the actual truth.

"You look better than expected." Baekhyun stated and I felt hurt. Did I really look that much worse before? I glanced back into to the mirror to steal a glance. My hair was curled at the ends and bounced, my bangs were thrown to one side.

"You're a jerk." Sehun told him. Baekhyun shrugged. Then he clapped his hands together.

"We should take a selca!" He said. His voice going up and then down. His eyes sparkled and his smile was oddly box like.  My eyes widened. I waved my hands out no.

"Yeah let's do it." Sehun said. I looked over. His brown hair was pulled up to the right in a weird tossed way which complimented his face structure.

"No really," I'm already embarrassed enough. I dropped my eyes to my lap. Its bad enough that my heart is jumping and voice is cracking, I don't need to lose what little dignity I have left.

"Just smile!" Baekhyun said. Then they both knelt down beside me. Baekhyun front faced the camera and I last minute did an awkward smile. "Okay, now a silly one." He said. Sehun with his brown hair looked good in the first. I mean I always thought he did. So did Baekhyun. But a silly one?