Chapter Thirty-Nine: Trucked Out

Start from the beginning

"Two words: Adam. Test" Bree said and me and Chase nodded.

"Man, if he passes, it's good news for us and bad news for everyone on the road" Chase said before chuckling.

"Or the sidewalk" Chase said with a smile, making me giggle.

"Well, he has to pass. I need him to drive me to that party on Saturday" Leo said, making Bree and Chase look at him weirdly.

"What party?" Chase asked.

Leo looked at him and chuckled, "the one you weren't invited to" Leo said.

"You got invited to Caroline Davis' party and I didn't?" Bree asked in disbelief.

"Neither did I!" Chase said in disbelief as well.

"Well, no surprise there" Bree said, making Chase glare at her and me release a small giggle.

"But why were you invited?" Bree asked, turning back to Leo.

"Oh, Bree, I'm climbing the social ladder. There are now three or four ladies who make eye contact with me in the hallway" Leo said proudly while the three of us looked at him weirdly.

"Okay, it's two! But I'm going to the party" Leo defended.

"Luna, did you get an invitation?" Bree asked.

"I did, but I'm not going" I shrugged.

"What, why not?" Leo asked.

"Hey, if my bestie or boyfriend didn't get invited then I see no point in going" I said.

Leo rolled his eyes but Chase and Bree smiled at me.

"That's nice of you sweetheart" Chase said as he kissed my temple.

I smiled as I kissed his cheek and nodded.

Soon we heard the door opening, "he's home!" Bree yelled as we all walked towards the door but it was Tasha who entered the room.

I smiled at her but the others groaned in annoyance.

"It's just you" Leo said.

"Nice to see you, too" Tasha scoffed as she closed the door.

"Sorry, mom. How's it going?" Leo asked with a smile.

"Great. I've had the best day. It all started when I went to--" Tasha started but was cut off by the door opening.

"Save it for later, woman! Adam's here!" Leo yelled as he shoved past her along with the others while I sent her a soft smile and walked towards the door.

Dad soon walked in with a smile on his face, "ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mission Creek's newest fully licensed driver!" Dad announced.

We all waited for Adam to walk in but he never did, dad sighed and turned towards the door.

"Adam, that's you" Dad said.

"Oh, right" Adam said as he ran in with a smile on his face.

"Woo-hoo, I passed!" Adam yelled and we all cheered for him.

"He really impressed me. He got a 96 on the test" Dad said with a smile as he closed the door.

"Holy shit, Adam nice job" I smiled as I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Thanks Luna. I didn't even know scores went up that high!" Adam said, causing me to pull away from him and giggle.

"Oh, and get this, Mr. Davenport said if I passed, he'd buy me a car" Adam said.