21 - at the beach

It had been two days since Disney, four days since George arrived. Quackity had streamed once, so had Sapnap, feeding the fans the feral boys content they were thirsty for.

Nothing memorable had happened, they had all just chilled out really - watched films and played video games. A lot of time had been spent in the living room, just chatting and enjoying being all together.

Nobody had been on any more dates, unless cuddling on the sofa counted as one. Quackity constantly gagged at it, and never missed the opportunity to remind them of his presence, or announce to the world how much it made him cringe.

The boys constantly teased him, knowing he didn't actually mind and was just jealous more than anything, an accusation that he persistently denied.

It was friday, and when they were sitting round the table for lunch after another morning wasted in oversleeping and messed up sleep schedules, they collectively decided to do something that evening.

"We could go out?" proposed Quackity, stabbing his fork into his mac n cheese.
"Eh" Karl groaned "I dont know"
"What about the beach?" asked George, his eyes filled with a certain kind of hope.
"That's pretty boring" responded Sapnap.

All four boys noticed as George's eyes drooped a little, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.

"You wanna go to the beach that much?" asked Sapnap, surprised by his friends disappointment.
"I don't know, by the way you guys describe them, beaches sound so much different here"

Dream's memory jogged back a little to a random late night conversation that occurred months ago. He was talking about the time he took his sister to the beach, and how strong winds and multiple tantrums made the trip an utter disaster.

He also remembered George listening in awe as he briefly described the beach, how he was so jealous of the way they sounded.

"I mean," George continued, "Beaches can be beautiful in the uk too, but they just sound so cool over here"
"I don't mind going" shrugged Karl
"Neither" added Quackity

Eyes turned to Dream and Sapnap, both boys sitting on the same side of the table.
"I'm down" said Dream, trying to play casual.

And no matter how boring he found them, no matter if he thought going to a club was much more entertaining then some sand and water - Sapnap agreed to go. Because at the end of the day - being a little bored is a small price to pay to please your best friends.

So the rest of the day was spent lounging around some more, conversation topics somehow never running low - a lot of them stemming from light hearted insults and jokes thrown at eachother.

7pm rolled around, and all of them decided to get ready for the beach. At some point in the day Quackity had persuaded them all to wear trunks - even though none of them had plans to go in the ocean. Quackity had other plans of course.

The drive to the beach was around 20 minutes long, nothing to excruciating, well not usually. On that occasion, Quackity and Georges freestyles proved otherwise.

There were a number of them, varying from diss tracks, to songs about the first object they saw when they opened their eyes. Dream revelled in it, casting his mind back to all the times he sat in a call with them - listening to their pathetic auto tune and voice modifiers 'roast' him.

But now they were all in person, and they acted no different. Apart from the whole dating thing, but that's beside the point.

They arrived at the beach, everyone climbing out the car with their assigned items to carry, towels, water etc.

Karl and Quackity wasted no time rushing down to the waves, both jumping in face first almost immediately, while Sapnap stood with the water up to his shins, watching the two like a dad with his toddlers.