9 - quackity's arrival

It was now the day before George was meant to be on a plane to florida to meet his best friends for the first time ever. Of course he was excited, to see Sapnap, and Quackity, and Karl. And Dream.

Yeh, he was excited to see Dream, in some way. He was mainly nervous, extremely nervous. He hadn't confessed to the boy yet, and didn't want to do it the day before he met him, and definitely didn't want to do it in person, so he decided against it completely.

He pulled out his suitcase and began to pack nearly all his t shirts and joggers, he didn't really plan out outfits. That was until he caught a glimpse of his wardrobe. Ah, his skirts.

He had never spoken about them before, not to Sapnap, not to Dream, and definitely not the stream. He had worn one out once, to a mother's day meal with his mum, he hadn't been noticed and the whole day went smoothly. His mother insisted it looked great but, but that's his mum.

Truth be told, when he wore them he loved it, it was freeing and fun, and he looked hot (if he did say so himself). But it was also scary. Outside, you haven't got the security of the four walls of your house, haven't got anywhere to run. So if people are staring, thinking, looking at you, you are basically trapped. It was the judgement that deterred him.

He didn't think his friends would judge him, they weren't like that, but, it might make them look at him differently.

Message to Karl :) ;
George: Can i ask you a question?

He decided to reach out to Karl. Out of everyone George knew, Karl was the most welcoming, wholesome, genuine person ever. He was loving and kind, and most of all, not judgemental. At all.

Karl: yeh go ahead
George: have u ever worn a skirt
Karl: no, why?
George: would u judge someone for wearing one?
Karl: hell no, skirts are sick
George: even a boy?
Karl: boys rock skirts

George knew it would be fine, he knew Karl wouldn't be weird, but he couldn't help let out a large exhale when he received the response. It was relieving to know for certain that someone was chill with it.

George: what if i wore a skirt?
Karl: i'm sure u would look hot as shit

A grin spread across George's face.

George: okay, thanks Karl
Karl: no problem :), are u gonna wear one?
George: i've had some for a while, was debating wether to bring them to florida or not
Karl: YES GEORGE DO IT DO IT DO IT

The brunette chuckled at his friends reaction. He could imagine him on the other side of the phone bouncing around like an over excited puppy.

George: okay okay i will
Karl: SHDBDJEJK YES
George: okay but don't mention it to anyone else
Karl: i won't
George: promise?
Karl: promise.

Karl had already arrived in florida, and the last thing George needed was Karl blurting to the others about his secret. He wasn't even sure if he was gonna wear one yet, he would just have to wait and see how he felt.

___________ Quackity pov _______

"Sap i don't see you anywhere what are you talking about" said Quackity over the phone
"Look for the red bench, i'm standing next to it, Karl is with me" responded Sapnap

Quackity had gone through security, got his baggage and was now trying to find his friends.

"What are you wearing?"
"Karl is wearing his merch, i'm wearing all black with a baseball cap"

They must have been searching for each other for about ten minutes amongst the bustling crowds, without any success of course.

"Nah, wait, wait wait wait wait" Quackity hung up.

"KARLLLL" he screamed across the airport, as he ran towards the two, his bags bumping across the floor as he did so. The three launched into a bear hug with each other, Sapnap being slightly apprehensive while Karl embraced the hug as if he'd never had one before.

The three exchanged excited conversation, bringing the beanie wearing boy up to date on the things they had done the past couple days. As they headed towards the exit, Sapnap veered to the right leading the three of them towards Dream's car. Quackity slowed down behind the two others, barely walking at all.

"Why have you stopped" asked Karl
"I don't know i'm just, it's weird"
"What is?" said Sapnap
"Well, i'm gonna see Dreams face, and that's just, strange i dunno"
"You've never seen his face before??" exclaimed Sapnap
"Nah, no i haven't, he's always been a voice"
"A face doesn't change someone, i'm sure you will be fine" said Karl, nudging his elbow.

The boy continued walking behind the two in front, before Sapnap gestured for Quackitys bags and chucked them in the trunk of the car.

"DREAMMMM MY MAN" shouted Quackity, abruptly entering the car, shotgun side.
"Hello to you too Quackity" chuckled Dream "Quackity? Alex? Hello? Why are you looking at me like that?"

It's true, the boy was simply staring at him.

"He's never seen your face before" whispered Sapnap from the backseat
"Oh yeh, of course you haven't, sorry about that"

He didn't stop looking at him.

"Soo0 am i as hot as everyone says i am??" chuckled the blonde

Quackity made a face, snapping out of his trance "Hot is a bit of an overstatement, i can see why gogy likes you though"

The words left his mouth, and his stomach filled with a sick feeling. He felt Sapnaps eyes on him like daggers.

"Wh- what?" asked Dream, staring at the boy sitting next to him

He could have easily played it off as a joke, as banter, but he didn't. Instead he just sat there, listening to Sapnaps shuddering exhale from the backseat.

"Quackity, what did you say" Dream knew exactly what he said. He just wanted to hear it again.

"Alex, you fucking idiot" whispered Sapnap from the backseat, his head drooping into his hands.