20 - under a lampost

When George left the bathroom Dream was no longer in the bedroom, instead, the bed had been neatly made and decorated with a single rose.

It was a simple gesture, one that George appreciated greatly. He took the rose in his hand and headed down the stairs, clutching its stem tightly in anticipation for his friends to see his skirt.

Karl and Sapnap stood by the door with eachother, each of them wearing an untucked shirt and suit trousers, very dapper.

Dream wore a black jacket and matching trousers, paired with a loose white shirt with white trainers to dress down a little. He matched George pretty perfectly.

________ Dream pov _______

George descended the stairs, stopping at the second to last step to glance at Dream. That sight alone made Dream crazy.

The brunette wore a white skirt, pleated, with a white collar and black sweatshirt. The sleeves were cuffed a little to hide the actual length of it, and a dainty gold chain hung around his neck.

He too wore white trainers, ankle socks coming shortly above them. Dream didn't think he could obsess over George more than he already did, but that moment proved him wrong.

It was enough to make Dream gulp, his only reaction being a raised hand, open for the brunette to take. George did so, holding onto the blondes hand and wiggling the rose in his other.

"The flower, it was a nice touch"
"Why thankyou" Dream replied, with a slight nod of his head.

"What time are you guys gonna be back?" shouted Quackity from the sofa, he didn't turn away from the tv and was completely sprawled across the length of it all.

"I'm not sure to be honest" shrugged Dream, looking at Sapnap for help.
"Yeh i don't know either" he agreed, "I'll just text when we are on the way back"
"Same" said Dream
"Cool, just don't wake me up if i'm asleep" responded Quackity.

Dream scoffed as he opened the door and stepped aside to let George walk out first.
"Thankyou Dream" said George, sarcastically curtsying.
Karl followed, walking ahead with George as they quietly freaked out about something - Dream wasn't sure what it was.

"Thanks" said Sapnap, walking through the door too.
Dream laughed, and the two boys followed their dates up the driveway to the uber that was parked on the road.

It was only a matter of minutes before they arrived at their destination, multiple thanks coming from them all as the driver pulled away from its drop off point.

Karl stopped with George as he tied his shoelace, as Sapnap and Dream continued to walk ahead.

"Dude i'm nervous" muttered Sapnap, his hands fidgeting.
"Why?"
"It's just, i dunno"
"Sap" said Dream, nudging his friends shoulder, "Karl is completely head over heels for you, nothing can go wrong"
Sapnap let out a shuddering exhale and shook out his shoulders, "Yeh yeh you're right"

At this point the boys had grouped back together, and waved goodbye to eachother as they departed to their different restaurants.

George and Dream crossed the road together, heading towards a little restaurant with a glass front. Inside there were lanterns hanging from the ceiling above booths and varying sized tables.

By the bar was a table full of tall salt and pepper grinders, the occasional waiter taking a pair to a table. Bowls of pasta and plates of pizza came scurrying out the kitchen, alongside bottles of wine in ice buckets and perfectly balanced wine glasses.

"Um yes" said Dream now at the front of the line, "Table for Clay"
"Just this way signore" said the waiter, the classic white towel balancing on his arm to show them the way.