19 - choosing outfits

Dream watched as his four friends walked off the ride, soaking wet. He had persuaded Quackity again to let him stay off it, saying that if he was wet he wouldn't be able to drive home, or some lame excuse,

"Come on man, it's like a bizillion jillion degrees out here, you will dry in like a second"
"It's not that hot" Dream replied,

Looking back at it, that was a complete lie. The water would probably have been refreshing, because even the air was scorching. But somewhere along the line Quackity gave up trying, and walked away to get on the ride with their other friends.

Now, Dream watched them all waddling towards him, t shirts and shorts clinging to them. It was certainly a sight.

He laughed at the picture from the ride, Quackity standing up with his arms in the air, George being overwhelmed with all the water jets, Sapnap and Karl both seemingly laughing. It was such a pure reaction, an innocent moment in time caught on camera. Sweet.

They all began walking towards the exit, still dripping wet, but soon to be dry. Quackity was walking ahead, aggressively shaking his head as to shake off all the water from his hair. Sapnap and Karl walked along side eachother, laughing at the boy in front.

"What are you staring at?" asked George, flicking the blondes elbow,
"I dunno, you look nice with wet hair - your hair, it's curlier" he responded, twiddling a curl that had fallen onto the brunette's forehead,
"God" said George, batting Dream's hand away, "You're so corny"

Dream just laughed at it, knowing full well that George wasn't big on giving out affection, especially in public.

__________ George pov __________

Dream was cringey, but even then, it made something in George's stomach do a small little somersault. But he would never show it, not in public anyways.

He carried on walking, his hand occasionally brushing Dream's, until the blonde gave in and held his hand completely - getting his not-so-subtle hints.

George couldn't help but smile. It all seemed so unreal, as if it was a situation that only ever happened in his dreams. That Dream actually felt the same way as him, and told him, and now they are going on a date and- everything he did he meant.

George's head flew back to all those times sitting on the other side of a phone or a monitor, convincing himself that Dream did those things and said those things for viewership or attention. He wished he could go back and slap some sense into his old- self.

He remembered the kiss at the airport, the hugs from behind, the skirt incident - all these things where Dream felt the same. Where George hadn't imagined the atmosphere or the tension, that it wasn't all in his head.

"What you thinking about?" asked Dream, nudging his shoulder,
"Oh, just about how many times i got splashed on that ride" George chuckled, in a quick fire lie,
"Well it's called Splash mountain for a reason" laughed Dream.
George rolled his eyes before smiling as well, laughing at the taller boy's pathetic sarcasm.

The car journey home was quiet, mainly because Quackity took a nap, but also because they were all pretty low energy.

"Where are you guys going for dinner tonight?" asked Sapnap from the back seat, breaking the silence,
"Umm i was thinking that new Italian place" replied Dream
"Oh ok cool, we can get an uber together then"
"You're going there too?"
"Nah we're going to the steakhouse, but it's across the road from your place"

The silence retuned, and George turned his head to look out the window at the cars passing by. He also happened to leave his hand on the centre console, palm up - it was only a matter of time before Dream placed his own hand over his.

George turned to look at the blonde, who was fixated on the road ahead. He glanced at their hands in between them, and relaxed into it - this was something he could definitely get used to.

They arrived home, and George decided to wake up Quackity by flicking him repeatedly in the head, a tactic that took about five minutes to work - but George didn't give up.

Sapnap and Karl went up to their room almost immediately, whilst George and Quackity continued to bicker about who knows what on the couch. They only stopped when Dream interrupted them,

"Table is booked for 6:30" he said, directed to George,
"Alrighty" the brunette responded, yawning, "I'll go shower"

He decided to use Dream's en-suite, even though the shower head was ridiculously tall above him. He stood under the falling water, rinsing off the sweat and heat, as well as the old water from the previous ride.

He stepped out, wrapping himself in a towel and robe as he did, and walked out into their joint room where the blonde sat on the bed.
They lay on the bed next to eachother, heads on pillows just staring at the ceiling.

"George," Dream began, turning his head towards him, "You know how earlier you technically declined my dare"
"Yes?" he responded, very hesitantly
"Well that means i'm still allowed to give you one?"

George knew he would probably regret his next words, but said them anyway,

"Yeh i suppose you do"
"Perfect" said Dream, almost immediately, "I have a dare for you then"

Now George turned towards him, and they were both lying on their sides facing eachother,

"Go ahead"
Dream took a finger and brushed some hair out of the brunette's eyes, "I dare you to wear a skirt tonight"

George's eyes flew open wide, "What? Like- out?"
"Yeh"
"I don't know Dream" he said, sitting up "I've never done that before"
Dream sat up behind him and rested his chin on George's shoulder, "There's a first time for everything"
"What if people stare or laugh or something?"
"Then I'll punch them" shrugged Dream

George turned his head a little to the left, so their faces were close enough to feel the heat from eachother's breath. He could see that Dream wasn't joking, his face was blank and serious.

"You wanna pick which one?"
"What?" asked Dream, pulling his head from the boys shoulder,
"Pick which skirt I should wear"
"You have more than one?"

George chuckled at the blondes excited expression - he pointed to the drawer in the corner of the room and gestured for Dream to look through it.
"In there, decide which one"

________ dream pov _________

He hadn't actually expected for George to do it, he thought there might have to be some compromise involved - but in no way was he complaining.

He jumped around the bed and began to search through the drawer, there were at least six skirts in there. It wasn't a vast collection, but it was still a hard decision.

He made his pick and threw it to George,
"What are you gonna wear it with?"
"I was thinking just a hoodie, or is that too causal?"
"Hmmm give me a second"

Dream got up and walked over to his own wardrobe, and pulled out a plain sweatshirt before chucking it to the brunette as well,

"Do you have a collared shirt?"
"I have a white one"
"Wear that and that and that" Dream replied, pointing to the skirt and the jumper,
"Wow, Dream the personal stylist arc???"

This time it was Dream's turn to roll his eyes,
"Shut up and get changed, we have to leave in like 20 minutes"

George did so, exiting the room to go into the en-suite, leaving Dream to get ready himself.

____________________

A/N:
Ha i'm really making you all wait for this date chapter - i'm really not meaning to i just don't wanna rush it - anyway it will definitely be next chapter

The utter hatred i have for this chapter lol - i've rewritten it like 4 times no joke - i just hate the way i've written it idk

Sorry for the bad chap, hopefully my next one will be better

Stay hydrated and healthy 😎